Spirit Of Houston?

Parrothead

am I the only on that thinks this is terribly ugly?

http://www.endex.com/gf/buildings/liberty/...irit/spirit.htm

All I can focus on is her crotch and boobs...they sort of...er, stick out. :lol:

Great concept, but how about a statue like the one of Sam Houston near Huntsville? Something.......a little more historical? More appropriate? How about a giant chrome replica of the Space Shuttle?

I think I remember seeing this on the news a couple of years back. The designers were going for something iconic for Houston, like the St.Louis arch or the Statue of Liberty. I like the idea of Houston having a visible symbol that represents the city. The site shows her as if she was going to stand at the mouth of some sort of body of water, I wonder what that was about?

I think its beautiful, and the design is wonderful.

I wish they would build it, its the most beautiful statue I have ever seen. I was wondering what it was, because on the old HAIF, a memeber named "Houston" had it as his icon, and I thought It was a hood orniment, but it looked cool.

I wish they would build it, maybe in Tranquilty Park, or Eleanor Tinsley Park.

I've always wanted to go Downtown with a big white blanket, and let the wind wrap it around me and stand like that, but now its copywritten to them, the bastards...

am I the only on that thinks this is terribly ugly?

http://www.endex.com/gf/buildings/liberty/...irit/spirit.htm

All I can focus on is her crotch and boobs...they sort of...er, stick out.  :lol:

Great concept, but how about a statue like the one of Sam Houston near Huntsville?  Something.......a little more historical?  More appropriate?  How about a giant chrome replica of the Space Shuttle?

What do you mean a little more historical. There would not have been a victory at the site of the Sam Houston monument if not for the person the statue is representing. The Yellow Rose of Texas.

Archived