12-year Old Florida Boy Beats A Baby To Death

VicMan

Article: http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/01/06/infant...d.ap/index.html

Some parents in Lauderhill, Florida left a 12-year old boy in charge of a 10-year-old girl and a 17-month girl. The baby cried when the boy watched television, so he took a baseball bat and hit the baby.

I find this incredibly disgusting. What kind of parents leave a kid to watch other kids at home?

I find this incredibly disgusting. What kind of parents leave a kid to watch other kids at home?

guess you missed the story from here last week where the single mother went to africa to marry a man she met on the net and left her 15 yr old watching the other 7 children.

Don't be surprised if he has his own talk or reality show soon. There are some people in this world that see this as exciting. Surprised its he is not on You tube recording the whole event. Anything goes these days. Parents may be right off the boat, its florida right. He even if the 12 yr old is just 12 he could appear to be much older in person. Might see him on Letterman, today's society.

guess you missed the story from here last week where the single mother went to africa to marry a man she met on the net and left her 15 yr old watching the other 7 children.

I saw that story too - I just forgot to make a post about it...

I wonder if she actually met someone or if a scammer invited her (romance scams happen from West Africa AND Eastern Europe)

EDIT: Musicman, the thread is here: http://www.houstonarchitecture.info/haif/i...t=0#entry220939

• 2 weeks later...
Is it really going nuts, or is it that this kind of crap has always happened, and it just gets discussed a lot more now that we're all so media-obsessed?

We will hear and see more of this for sure. At the sake of not sounding old fashoned, this next generation wil be more de-sensitized than the prior. Nothing to do with religion but technology has brought most predators into our children's homes, morality has hit an all time low, etc. It's to the point you cant entrust even the most trusted ones you once belived in ie; police, doctors, clergy, etc.

Quick someone grab the last of the Vodka! :o

Archived