What Makes A City Cosmopolitan?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

("I didin't take the post from Deb Martin personally I was trying to figure out why she seemed to accuse everyone on the thread of not understanding the stated deffinition of "cosmopolitan". Maybe I should have explained myself better. ")

("I didn't take the post personally I was simply asking why she lumped every poster on this thread into one statement. I probably should have made my comment more clear." (quote, gary)

gary, please allow me to explain myself better and make my comments clear. for starters i never accused ANYONE on this thread of not understanding the stated definition of cosmopolitan, nor did i lump every poster together into one statement. my comments were directed only to houston19514, and i was taking him to task for saying "you people" should look up the definintion in the dictionary because i felt HE was accusing everyone on this thread of not understand the definition of cosmopolitan.

for clarification purposes i was reading the posts on this thread, and the editor shared his thoughts about what makes a city cosmopolitan. i felt his ideas reflected my own and instead of restating what he said i simply quoted his post and said that i agreed. it is not uncommon on this forum to do just that, but for some reason it caused a problem for houston19514, and the editor responded with some dictionary definitions. for the record this thread has covered everything from houston vs. dallas, hockey, feeder roads and zoning so i saw no reason not to second a post that put it into perspective for me. if you read my post below there is no way you can believe i ever "lump" anyone together.

(quote, debmartin)

"i was calling attention to the childish post of "you people" which is rude and condescending. sorry i do not subscribe to "the world according to houston19514" and my impression was this was an open thread, replying to the question "what makes a city cosmopolitan". instead of letting everyone weigh in with their own idea you kick and scream "you people should look the word up in the dictionary" if the definition does not match your own. how boring life would be if we all thought alike - aren't we here to share ideas?"

unfortunately houston 19514 chose to be a divider instead of a uniter, and invited me to share a thought, should one ever occur to me. this type of flaming makes me sad, but i've been on this forum for over a year now and from time to time this happens and you just have to shrug your shoulders and move on. i hope this clears things up for you.

debmartin

("I didin't take the post from Deb Martin personally I was trying to figure out why she seemed to accuse everyone on the thread of not understanding the stated deffinition of "cosmopolitan". Maybe I should have explained myself better. ")

("I didn't take the post personally I was simply asking why she lumped every poster on this thread into one statement.  I probably should have made my comment more clear."  (quote, gary)

gary, please allow me to explain myself better and make my comments clear.  for starters i never accused ANYONE on this thread of not understanding the stated definition of cosmopolitan, nor did i lump every poster together into one statement.  my comments were directed only to houston19514, and i was taking him to task for saying "you people" should look up the definintion in the dictionary because i felt HE was accusing everyone on this thread of not understand the definition of cosmopolitan.

for clarification purposes i was reading the posts on this thread, and the editor shared his thoughts about what makes a city cosmopolitan.  i felt his ideas reflected my own and instead of restating what he said i simply quoted his post and said that i agreed.  it is not uncommon on this forum to do just that, but for some reason it caused a problem for houston19514, and the editor responded with some dictionary definitions.  for the record this thread has covered everything from houston vs. dallas, hockey, feeder roads and zoning so i saw no reason not to second a post that put it into perspective for me.  if you read my post below there is no way you can believe i ever "lump" anyone together.

(quote, debmartin)

"i was calling attention to the childish post of "you people" which is rude and condescending. sorry i do not subscribe to "the world according to houston19514" and my impression was this was an open thread, replying to the question "what makes a city cosmopolitan". instead of letting everyone weigh in with their own idea you kick and scream "you people should look the word up in the dictionary" if the definition does not match your own. how boring life would be if we all thought alike - aren't we here to share ideas?"

unfortunately houston 19514 chose to be a divider instead of a uniter, and invited me to share a thought, should one ever occur to me.  this type of flaming makes me sad, but i've been on this forum for over a year now and from time to time this happens and you just have to shrug your shoulders and move on.  i hope this clears things up for you.

debmartin

My apologies Deb.

• The topic was unlocked