John Stetson Home At 1314 South Blvd.

Anybody know anything about the demolition permit that was issued yesterday for 1314 South Blvd.?

Buyer info:

07105151 DEMO RES/SEWER DISC

DENNIS WILLIAMS

1748 OAK TREE BLVD 77080

713 465 7231

Owner/Occupant info:

MERRETT RONALD G

1314 SOUTH BLVD 77006

040-053-039-000-0024 BROADACRES HISTORICAL DISTRICT

12A SD 2313 D

This showed up in Swamplot's Daily Demolition report, and I thought some people might want to know . . . or have info to share, since it's in the new Broadacres Historical District.

• Like 1

Anybody know anything about the demolition permit that was issued yesterday for 1314 South Blvd.?

Buyer info:

07105151 DEMO RES/SEWER DISC

DENNIS WILLIAMS

1748 OAK TREE BLVD 77080

713 465 7231

Owner/Occupant info:

MERRETT RONALD G

1314 SOUTH BLVD 77006

040-053-039-000-0024 BROADACRES HISTORICAL DISTRICT

12A SD 2313 D

This showed up in Swamplot's Daily Demolition report, and I thought some people might want to know . . . or have info to share, since it's in the new Broadacres Historical District.

interesting...doesn't look like it is a Staub house. If the hcad year is correct (50's), maybe some of the MCM guys know if it is significant. Btw...hcad already shows a new owner after merrett (as shown on the permit above)

Edited by gnu

I have many pictures - will post soon.

The bricks were being stripped off the front a few days ago - might be gone by now.

Also, on many demolition permits, an older owner is listed for some reason (like second or third behind the current).

I have many pictures - will post soon.

The bricks were being stripped off the front a few days ago - might be gone by now.

Also, on many demolition permits, an older owner is listed for some reason (like second or third behind the current).

so what style of house is it? MCM? georgian?

hmmm. do you think the listing of an older owner is intentional? Like in case someone gets upset they won't seek out retribution of the new owner?

so what style of house is it? MCM? georgian?

hmmm. do you think the listing of an older owner is intentional? Like in case someone gets upset they won't seek out retribution of the new owner?

Georgian/Colonialish - the bricks were off and the chimneys were destroyed - maybe someone has an old picture from HAR to post.

As far as previous owners being listed on the permit - I can't imagine how it is truly valid, but it happens so often either they don't care and/or it is an automated glitch.

121607_south1314_001.jpg

121607_south1314_002.jpg

121607_south1314_003.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • The title was changed to Demo On South Blvd.
  • The title was changed to John Stetson Home At 1314 South Blvd.