The Mitchell Report Out Today

lockmat

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Am I the only one who is beyond pissed that FEDERAL dollars were spent on something like this?

Am I the only one who is pissed that a politician can levy accusations at people without any substantiation that can hold up to scrutiny in a court of law (this should be the standard).

Am I the only one who is pissed that someone like Clemens is forced to spend millions of his own dollars to battle allegations that should never have been brought in the manner that they were? I don't like the guy much, but come on. That is about as far from fair for him as what they are accusing him of doing.

I think so.

Jose Canseco, who then was Clemens' teammate on the Toronto Blue Jays, let Clemens' family stay at Canseco's home while the Blue Jays were in town to play the Florida Marlins. Or so that was what was said. But in her deposition, the nanny also said she met with Clemens last Sunday at his Houston home at his request to discuss her testimony - at a time when lawmakers were trying to locate her for an interview and before Clemens made her whereabouts known. It was the first time she had seen Clemens in seven years, she said. Clemens told her to "tell the truth" to Congress, she said, but he also told her "the reason that you don't remember a party is because I wasn't there."

• 2 weeks later...

Archived