Where Are Your Favorite Fish Tacos?

i'll admit, i've had a couple good fish tacos at berryhill; however, skeeters won me over with their catfish tacos.

you are, like, the only person ever who has shown the love to Skeeters. It ain't much, but we eat there probably once a month. Good, basic, eats.

P.S. people hot on fish tacos are not gonna get the California kind, so just quit 'yer whining.

This is Norteno land. (where's my tilde?) You gotta learn to love the barbacoa and the cabrito. Cabbage on a taco: please!

I have tried fish tacos in many, many places - including Southern California - and nobody beats Berryhill's Fried Fish Tacos. A friend from San Diego agreed. The Houston Chronicle Ultimate Houston guide also agrees. Half price on Mondays ($2 instead of $4). Locations all over town.

If you want to try something a little different sometime, try a customized beer-battered fried fish burrito at Mission Burrito. Start with Spanish rice, but no beans, IMHO. Mix in a little creamy jalapeno ranch, corn, and some queso... muy bueno.

Edited by ToryGattis

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

this might sound unbelievable... but this sushi place in Kingwood called Wasabi has some freakin excellent fish tacos "they call them baja tacos" They also serve them with a ginger dipping sauce which is great. Kind of a small hole-in-the-wall place on 1960, I go there at least once a month. Cultural fusion at its best. Sushi isn't lacking either...

But Berry Hill and El Rey are both solid places.

this might sound unbelievable... but this sushi place in Kingwood called Wasabi has some freakin excellent fish tacos "they call them baja tacos" They also serve them with a ginger dipping sauce which is great. Kind of a small hole-in-the-wall place on 1960, I go there at least once a month. Cultural fusion at its best. Sushi isn't lacking either...

But Berry Hill and El Rey are both solid places.

1960 where? Those sound delicious?

yeah thats the place... Wazabi! There is normally a limo parked out front. If your coming from 59 on 1960 it is just before you get to Lake Houston Parkway. Humble / kingwood.... i believe this is techincally in atascosita but who cares right? I call the whole area Kingwood.

yeah thats the place... Wazabi! There is normally a limo parked out front. If your coming from 59 on 1960 it is just before you get to Lake Houston Parkway. Humble / kingwood.... i believe this is techincally in atascosita but who cares right? I call the whole area Kingwood.

Wow, that is where I grew up, I'll have to tell the folks to go check them out...this must be the first sushi place in Atascocita! That whole area has changed so much I hardly recognize it.

Kingwood is the area north of the San Jacinto River/Lake Houston and mostly east of 59, the only thing west of 59 considered Kingwood is the college I believe. Humble is the area along 59 from Beltway 8 north to Kingwood, west to around Lee road, and east to around Woodland Hills drive, though I don't know if the city limits reflect this, I can tell you from growing up there this is the way it is in practice. Atasocita is the rather large area bordered roughly by Will Clayton Parkway on the south (sounds weird but look it up on google maps), lake houston on the east, woodland hills drive on the west, and the San Jacinto River to the North. I grew up in Atascocita Shores...really great place to grow up but the area has changed A LOT...so many new shopping centers!

Edited by cnote

i know when my parents lived in Kings River, their mailing address was kingwood, their power address was attascocita, and their water address was humble. Or something like that. It was ridiculous. But yeah, go their for happy hour, they have really good prices during happy hour.