• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Construction Photos from HISD's website. They are probably further along from when these photos were taken, but they are vantage points that we don't have access too.

https://www.houstonisd.org/Page/71992#

gCqtZXs.jpg

KLbRcwO.jpg

thrtVrF.jpg

7G3hhpw.jpg

...and yes I had to take screenshots. While I've actually been pretty impressed with how thorough and organized HISD's projects are, the images you can download are tiny.

Edited by Luminare
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/26/2019 at 1:26 PM, Toopicky said:

My son-in-law, who teaches at Lamar, said the kids are already tearing the new place up.  It was nice while it lasted ....

Are they putting that much wear and tear on the new building or is it straight up vandalism??

• 1 month later...
On 2/17/2020 at 4:18 PM, Geoff8201 said:

Almost time for the outside cafeteria awning to come down.

Man, I went here starting in the fall of 1997 and graduated 2001 and was very active in the Drafting Department when Mr. Sheppard taught it. That classroom will soon fall. Lot of memories.

68108DFB-DCFA-4555-9524-94794BC0BB23.jpeg

Current freshman at Lamar, based on what I’ve heard from teachers and other staff, the older buildings were becoming really rundown and infestated with rats and things of that nature. Was it like this back when you went here? I know the East & West buildings were relatively new at that point (built in the late 1980s if I’m not mistaken).

• Like 3