Broadmoor Bungalow

ToolMan

http://search.har.com/engine/dispSearch.cf...mp;backButton=Y

1434 MUNGER ST - 174K

It looks like a very nice house and updated very nice, but I think it's too much for a 2 bedroom 1 bath. Is it because of the pool and other updates? Either way, I think I'm going to take a look at this place sometime next week.

Edited by ToolMan

1434 MUNGER ST - 174K

It looks like a very nice house and updated very nice, but I think it's too much for a 2 bedroom 1 bath. Is it because of the pool and other updates? Either way, I think I'm going to take a look at this place sometime next week.

Do it! The old adage... Location, location. Cannot emphasize enough.

Area has never flooded in 39 years we know of. Corners of street yes a bit over curves, but never in the middle of Munger. They just don't make em like that any more. Most of that shrubbery in front is only about 15 yrs old. Just needs a little TLC. Good neighbors, etc. :P Broadmoor people! Walking distance to Eastwood Transit Center, I could go on.

1434 MUNGER ST - 174K

I've been through this one. The bathroom is nice and appears to be well done. The kitchen was CHEAP, the floors aren't level and need to be refinished, they screwed up the door trim by putting tile (!!!) on it. There's a deck on the side of the house that will be rotting to pieces in another 3 years. The exterior of the house has rotten trim. The garage apartment is more of a room with a (icky looking) bathroom rather than a real apartment...no kitchen up there, and it looked like the garage apartment had been broken into at least once.

All in all the price is too high considering all of the things that need to be addressed such as the rotten wood and sagging floors. I would expect the house to be PERFECT for that price. $140k-ish would probably be fair. $130k would be a good price.

Edited by jm1fd

I showed this home to a friend of mine who would have purchased if his job was not located at 290/529. Overall the home is quite well done, as jm1fd noted the side deck and some trim outside need replacement/repair. I don't concur on the garage comments though. When I showed the property the Garage was stacked full of stuff, however the upstairs could be made into a pretty sweet area with a little work. I didn't notice any sign of break in and would highly doubt it as I live one street over and Victor Trevino lives a street or two over as well and his dept keep things quiet over here. I have had no problems with any crime being it things getting stolen or broken into for almost four years.

I do believe the home to be priced a little high due to the trim outside, deck, etc... however if the home were 100% punched out it would be worth $170k. The pool is amazing, bathroom is great, kitchen is nice and could be upgraded with tile floor easily, etc...

Great home, some one is going to love it. Will it be you ToolMan????

Scharpe St Guy

Though several things in this house are not my taste (especially the tile mosaics and the landscaping in the front yard), they could be relatively easily undone by the next owner. I think the main things hurting this house are the lack of garage space and the fact that it's a 2/1. Other than that, it is a nice-looking house. I have to agree with the above comments that it's over-priced at 174K. I think something in the $160s would be more appropriate.

• 4 weeks later...

I had an option pending on this house for $165K and we were in the negotiation phase, but that was until I saw the inspection report. This house needs MAJOR roof and foundation repairs (roof leaking in the attic), along with some other important repairs.

I then offered $154K, or he could to repair some stuff and we could work on the numbers...he said no. Don't get me wrong, the house is beautifull inside and looks great cosmetically, but someone is going to have to spend at least another $20K to get this house structually sound.

I had an option pending on this house for $165K and we were in the negotiation phase, but that was until I saw the inspection report. This house needs MAJOR roof and foundation repairs (roof leaking in the attic), along with some other important repairs.

I then offered $154K, or he could to repair some stuff and we could work on the numbers...he said no. Don't get me wrong, the house is beautifull inside and looks great cosmetically, but someone is going to have to spend at least another $20K to get this house structually sound.

I always wonder in these situations if the owners/listing agent do the right thing and share those negative inspections with new potential buyers.

flipper