best dumplings

i am on a major dumpling kick, and in continuing the best of theme, where are the best in houston?

jiaozi and guotie/potstickers - not american, eastern european, etc.

i have been ordering them from different places, and was curious where others' favorites are

Doozo in Houston Center has great ones. Get there early.

Oh yes! they are called The Dumpling Nazi's (if you watched Seinfeld you got that!)

They only take cash, and you need to have it out and ready to give to them -- The line is usually long, but goes very fast. And yes they are really good.

thanks for all of the suggestions so far - and i have never been to any of those mentioned above.

in the past few weeks i have tried dumplings from:

*Auntie Chang's - got the sampler, but couldn't really tell which meat was what...the spinach ones were not good, imo. the sauce was good, but difficult to deal with since it was one of those shared "leave-it-on-the-table" containers.

*Hot Shot Wok - off of Holcombe on Brompton. they were good, but i got them to go and there was no sauce! that's a dealbreaker.

*Rice U quickie mart - i have no idea where these are made, but they are excellent. and so is the sauce.

*Mai's - vietnamese clear dumplings. interesting, but kind of slimy.

*Little Miyako - Meyerland Plaza. both sauce and dumplings were good.

*Jenni's Noodle House - new Shepherd Dr. location. their dumplings were great, and they were served in a bowl with the sauce already in it. thank goodness the sauce was good, too.

*Jimmy Wok - on Holcombe at Greenbriar. these were really good as well, as was the sauce. just a little dough-y, though.

Monday i am going to try and check out Doozo (order ready and cash in hand :P)

My wife had them yesterday. She said they locations to near Pot Belly.

Anyone tried Pot Belly? I think I am going to try it this week.

i have only been to Potbelly's in Chicago, and it was alright. grease-fest, but it might have just been my particular order.

Dumpling King on Westheimer just east of Hillcroft! When I lived in the galleria area I ate there 2-3 times a week. Tiny nondescript place, but their steamed veggie dumplings are so light and tender, they're amazing.

i happened to be in that area a few days ago and noticed Dumpling King - it was Sunday, though, and it was closed. will try soon, though.

also on the list: Lai Lai, North China, and Xiong

Fried pork dumplings at Fu Fu Cafe on Bellaire, just inside the Beltway in the Dun Huang (?) Supermarket center. Potstickers, really. I was going to try the soup dumplings when I went but I chickened out and went for something I was familiar with from elsewhere. Next time, though.

Here is Robb Walsh's review on the 'soup noodles' in the Press. I was disappointed in the green onion pancakes, more like green onion quesadillas minus the queso and very greasy.

Also San Dong Noodles, just across Bellaire and a little further out. I haven't been in about 8 months and people are saying it's gone downhill, but I've enjoyed the fried pork dumplings there (last thing on the menu), bigger, not as crispy on the bottom.

Both restaurants have lots of other dumpling options.