Giants And Jets To Build Stadium Together

ProHouston

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- The New York Giants and New York Jets broke ground Wednesday on the first stadium to be jointly owned by two NFL teams and unveiled how architects plan to make two competing teams feel at home in a $1.3 billion stadium.

"Ensuring that the stadium would feel like home to both teams and both groups of fans was our goal and also one of the biggest challenges in the design of the stadium," said Steve Tisch, chairman and executive vice president of the New York Giants.

Read the remainder of the story...

Since when is the NFL about sharing? I'll be surprised if the NFL will allow this with their money grubbing ways regarding new stadiums.

Think what Houston did to satisfy the NFL. They should build two stadiums up there.

As a football fan I don't think there will ever be a sense of "home".

Since when is the NFL about sharing? I'll be surprised if the NFL will allow this with their money grubbing ways regarding new stadiums.

Think what Houston did to satisfy the NFL. They should build two stadiums up there.

As a football fan I don't think there will ever be a sense of "home".

It's already done, they are breaking ground. Plus, the NFL loaned them $300 million to do it.

Don't the Lakers and Clippers allready do this? I guess when the Giants play the Jets you will have stadium filled with a mix of fans for both teams.

They have a very verticle design to the stadium, with back seating very far away. I'm surprised they didn't go with a retractable roof stadium for the indoor option.

I think's kinda funny. 1.3 Billion dollars for a stadium, and they can't afford a retractable roof. Smart move, New Jersey. Your chances of being a regular Super Bowl host site after spending over a billion dollars on a stadium has really gone...um...through the roof, huh? :)

It's a great looking stadium design wise, but they still probably would have profitted more if they had their own stadium each.

This Stadium sharing always reminds me of my ex wife. I would be smoking a cig then she would come along and say let me have a drag then she would end up smoking the whole thing.

The pictures posted on this site are not the current renderings for the new Jets/Giants stadium.

Those can be seen here

The stadium seems to have taken many cues from the new Cowboys stadium. Even at that, 1.3 billion seems way overpriced for a stadium without a retractable roof.

I would think that two separate 600 million dollar stadiums would be more economical for each club.

The no roof thing is more tradition.

I've gone to several games @ Giants Stadium and it is an experience. A more modern version of it is what I think the population of the area will want.

Pretty much what they are doing with the new Yankees stadium.

New Yorkers are all about tradition.

I guess when the Giants play the Jets you will have stadium filled with a mix of fans for both teams.

The team that is the "home" team for that game will have the vast majority of the crowd, as that's whose season ticket holders will have tickets for that game.

• The title was changed to Giants And Jets To Build Stadium Together

Archived