Pasadena Sports

northbeaumont

Wow! Pasadena is a lot bigger than I thought. On 5atexasfootball.com, it lists Pasadena HS, Pasadena South Houston HS, Pasadena Rayburn HS, Pasadena Memorial HS, and Pasadena Dobie HS. That's five high schools in a suburb. But then again maybe there's something I don't know. I mean, for example, Garland is a big suburb of Dallas. It might have just as many high schools as Pasadena does.

I'm just going by what 5atexasfootball.com said. It listed Pasadena South Houston and Pasadena Dobie. Well, maybe Pasadena isn't as big as I thought.

N.Beaumont, all the schools you have listed have been 5A for 20 years, except for Stinkadena Memorial, which wasn't around in the 80's.

This could end up turning into one of those Pasadena vs. Garland threads.

I am surprised it took this long for someone to reply to the Stinkadena remark , you herd that word all the time at the intersection of Aldine Westfield & Little York because the odor would seep up Halls Bayou. early 80's

It was either Moby or Stevens and Pruett.

Pasadena, where the air is greena !

I lived on Old Galveston Rd during the mid seventies.Goodyear and Petrotex were not very far away.The city of Houston had a pollution control number that you could call and report them when It was really bad.

Call me crazy, but I have a fondness for the scent of the Goodyear plant. My grandpa retired from Goodyear with 25 years of service (after stints at Ethyl Corp and others in the area).

Has exxon mobil closed at good year? It's been empty for about a year, The area around the plant is full of foundations, as if house were built and demolished. Streets are closed off a good 200 yards, Foreman street, Steelman street...etc

Wow! Pasadena is a lot bigger than I thought. On 5atexasfootball.com, it lists Pasadena HS, Pasadena South Houston HS, Pasadena Rayburn HS, Pasadena Memorial HS, and Pasadena Dobie HS. That's five high schools in a suburb. But then again maybe there's something I don't know. I mean, for example, Garland is a big suburb of Dallas. It might have just as many high schools as Pasadena does.

Yes NB, Pasadena is big, of course, not as big as

Houston, but big.

http://www.ci.pasadena.tx.us/ourcity.htm

The paper mill is the predominant smell that actually

comes from a plant in Pasadena...all the other big smells

you can thank Houston and Deer Park for. ;)

But like Midtown Coog said...smells like money to me.

Thank god for folks not too proud to work and/or

live in the area. Houston would be a cow town still if

it were not for the towns off 225.

Yes NB, Pasadena is big, of course, not as big as

Houston, but big.

http://www.ci.pasadena.tx.us/ourcity.htm

This quote comes from your link: "The first inhabitants of the area are believed to be the cannibalistic Karankawa Indians, who lived throughout the Gulf coast region."

If you don't know the history of the Karankawas, they smeared their bodies with rancid alligator fat to ward off mosquitos. Apparently the stench emanating from the Karankawa sickened many European settlers.

So apparently, Pasadena has ALWAYS been known for it's stench!

This quote comes from your link: "The first inhabitants of the area are believed to be the cannibalistic Karankawa Indians, who lived throughout the Gulf coast region."

If you don't know the history of the Karankawas, they smeared their bodies with rancid alligator fat to ward off mosquitos. Apparently the stench emanating from the Karankawa sickened many European settlers.

So apparently, Pasadena has ALWAYS been known for it's stench!

Well, "Pasadena" in Native American does means, Place that smell like Pit of arm. :mellow:

Well, "Pasadena" in Native American does means, Place that smell like Pit of arm. :mellow:

Did those same kind of indians live in southern California? Is that the reason why they also have a city named Pasadena? Yes, Conservatives call California "The Land of Fruit and Nuts." Maybe they also think that it smells like an armpit.

Have you forgotten the CyFair School District in NW Harris County? It now has eight high schools, and is in the process of building numbers nine and ten. Right now, Jersey Village HS is the only CyFair school that's in an incorporated area. All those with Houston addresses are not inside the Houston city limits. When it's completed, Cypress Lakes will be in Katy, geographically, but not in the Katy ISD. The lines are complicated out here. And, oh yes, all are 5-A schools.

Cypress-Fairbanks 22602 Hempstead Hwy, Houston

Cypress Creek 9815 Grant Rd., Houston

Cypress Falls 9811 Huffmeister Rd., Houston

Cypress Ridge 7900 N. Eldridge Parkway, Houston

Cypress Springs 7909 Fry Rd. Houston

Cypress Woods 16825 Spring Cypress Rd. Houston

Jersey Village 7600 Solomon St., Houston

Langham Creek 17610 FM 529, Houston

Cypress Lakes (opening fall 2008) 5750 Greenhouse Road, Katy, TX 77449

Cypress Ranch (opening fall 2008)(planned for US 290 somewhere around Fairfield)

Have you forgotten the CyFair School District in NW Harris County? It now has eight high schools, and is in the process of building numbers nine and ten. Right now, Jersey Village HS is the only CyFair school that's in an incorporated area. All those with Houston addresses are not inside the Houston city limits. When it's completed, Cypress Lakes will be in Katy, geographically, but not in the Katy ISD. The lines are complicated out here. And, oh yes, all are 5-A schools.

Cypress-Fairbanks 22602 Hempstead Hwy, Houston

Cypress Creek 9815 Grant Rd., Houston

Cypress Falls 9811 Huffmeister Rd., Houston

Cypress Ridge 7900 N. Eldridge Parkway, Houston

Cypress Springs 7909 Fry Rd. Houston

Cypress Woods 16825 Spring Cypress Rd. Houston

Jersey Village 7600 Solomon St., Houston

Langham Creek 17610 FM 529, Houston

Cypress Lakes (opening fall 2008) 5750 Greenhouse Road, Katy, TX 77449

Cypress Ranch (opening fall 2008)(planned for US 290 somewhere around Fairfield)

With that many schools with Cypress in their names, there's bound to be big rivalries between all of them. I'm surprised that so many people live in an area that isn't in the Houston city limits.

Cypress Lakes is not in Katy. The city of Katy is at the junction of Harris, Fort Bend, and Waller counties and had 11,775 residents in 2000. Cypress Lakes is north-northeast of Katy.

You are absolutely right. Cy-Lakes is not located inside the city of Katy, but it still has a Katy address. I live in Copperfield, a few miles outside the Houston city limits, but I have a Houston address.

Check out the boundary lines of the Katy ISD sometime. Those lines extend far outside the area we think of as Katy. Kids who live in Bear Creek, east of Hwy 6, north of Clay Rd, and south of Kieth Harrow go to a Katy ISD school.

Go figure. I make no claim to any understanding of these jurisdictional ins and outs. I just know what is.

You are absolutely right. Cy-Lakes is not located inside the city of Katy, but it still has a Katy address. I live in Copperfield, a few miles outside the Houston city limits, but I have a Houston address.

Check out the boundary lines of the Katy ISD sometime. Those lines extend far outside the area we think of as Katy. Kids who live in Bear Creek, east of Hwy 6, north of Clay Rd, and south of Kieth Harrow go to a Katy ISD school.

Go figure. I make no claim to any understanding of these jurisdictional ins and outs. I just know what is.

They sure do, My kiddo goes to Bear Creek Elem. which is KISD.

• The title was changed to Pasadena Sports

Archived