What do you store in your garage? Cars or ?

Brak

With all the car break-ins in the news lately, how do you use your garage?

Me securing $50k in cars

Most of my neighbors........the same parked in the driveway......wonder what's in their garages?

Cars, paint, tools, lumber, car parts, other assorted junk, assorted building materials.

We also store are cars in the garage. It's tempting to use that space for other stuff and park in the driveway I suppose but I never gave in. I have decked my garage attic and store stuff up there. I also have a 6X6 shed in the back yard to store lawn equipment, that helps.

Edited by westguy76

It's funny that you mention $50,000 in cars. I've got a $40,000 F250 4x4 that wil not fit in my garage, of course I didn't find that out until I got the truck home. I worry constantly about it being exposed to the street (I live on a main drag), and make sure that any valuables are inside the house.

Edited by Gary

My garage holds one truck, one suv, lumber for hurricanes, paint, tools, gardening supplies, upright freezer, small refrigerator, small tv with cable, electronic dart board, cd player and a picture of dogs playing poker. lol

My garage holds one truck, one suv, lumber for hurricanes, paint, tools, gardening supplies, upright freezer, small refrigerator, small tv with cable, electronic dart board, cd player and a picture of dogs playing poker. lol

Very funny that you should mention "dogs playing poker". My wife has forced me to hang my "Velvet Elvis" in the garage, apparently there is no room in the house for it, but I swear there is plenty of room on the walls, but she says there isn't.

Very funny that you should mention "dogs playing poker". My wife has forced me to hang my "Velvet Elvis" in the garage, apparently there is no room in the house for it, but I swear there is plenty of room on the walls, but she says there isn't.

A neighbor down the street has his entire garage wallpapered with flattened out bud light twelve pack boxes. It looks like party central in there.

The work/family car stays outside. The garage is strictly for storage and the habitat for THE BEAST ! ! !

Sorry to hear she's got you sleeping out there, TJ.... :P

I don't have a garage, so I've been forced not to accumulate unneccessary junk, the problem is I've had to turn my dining room into my carpentry shop while I restore my house.

Sorry to hear she's got you sleeping out there, TJ.... :P

I don't have a garage, so I've been forced not to accumulate unneccessary junk, the problem is I've had to turn my dining room into my carpentry shop while I restore my house.

LOL! If the seats actually reclined in that badboy, I probably WOULD ! I got a TV with cable already, just need the window unit a/c and a Kegerator. :wub:

Garage? What garage?

According to my wife, who grew up in the house we now live in, the garage at our house was torn down sometime in the early 80's. (The homes in our neighborhood were originally built with a one-car detached garage in the back yard in the 1940's...those that haven't been replaced or demolished are quickly returning to the earth from which they came.)

We finally got a shed this year, which has been nice. Finally got a lot of paint, tools and other stuff out of the closet under the stairs!

All the cars, a basket of pool toys, a hanging rack of garnden tools and a ladder. I throw things out constantly, I can't stand clutter. My family knows better than to leave anything important in the garage or on the counter for more than two days. After two days it goes in a black trash bag and put behind the gate with the cans. If they are lucky, the can retrieve the treasure before the trashman comeith. Each person has their own "everything drawer" and that's all the clutter they get! ;) If I see something I suspect is semi-important I will put it in their drawer.

PS- My Mother was a pack rat. Before the age of the CPU, her home office wall was stacked with Wall Street Journals and Forbes, with little paper tags coming out of each one. Shiver. Now if I see little pieces of paper and I immediately must purge the house of them.