Streets at Buckhead

Streets at Buckhead

Buckhead_Ave.jpg

CASX4DSB.jpg

CA7UYL7N.jpg

The Streets at Buckhead is said to rival Rodeo Drive or Michigan Avenue. Many new high-end boutique stores (that are new to Atlanta) will open up shop here. It will include Atlanta's first One Hotel and Residences. The Streets at Buckhead are said to be open by 2010. This development will rival the Oaks District and BLVD Place. I wonder if a 1 Hotel and Residences would work for those two [developments] in Houston.

Just the name alone would make me NOT want to be anywhere near this place. Buckhead? Indeed.

Plenty of jokes within that name. Great bar conversation I'm sure. Take out the B and replace with ....

Hey, did everyone know John lives at _uckhead!

Har har har!!! :lol:

I've spent quite a bit of time in ATL and can tell you that Buckhead is far from "ghetto". In fact it has changed dramatically over the last five years with all of the highrise construction. It has a couple of wonderful parks, and although not pedestrian friendly, it's making decent strides at changing that.

I've spent quite a bit of time in ATL and can tell you that Buckhead is far from "ghetto". In fact it has changed dramatically over the last five years with all of the highrise construction. It has a couple of wonderful parks, and although not pedestrian friendly, it's making decent strides at changing that.

the people make it ghetto is what i meant

First of all, Buckhead is not new. This development in Buckhead is new. Second, Buckhead is not ghetto. It's been Atlanta's version of Uptown Houston for as long as I can remember. Check out the crappy apartments around Uptown some time if you want to see how quickly chic can turn to crap.

Third, trying to "rival Rodeo Dr." is indeed stupid. Not because it can't be done, but because it's a ridiculous notion that a shopping district would rival another that's 2500 miles away. Exactly what customers would consider these two rivals?

It's telling of Atlanta's lack of a sense of place that they have to look to a city equally vacuous in that regard to set their bar.

Now, as for rivalling Michigan Ave., I'm not even sure how Michigan Ave. "rivals" Rodeo. All this highbrow one-upsmanship can get pretty confusing.

trying to "rival Rodeo Dr." is indeed stupid. Not because it can't be done, but because it's a ridiculous notion that a shopping district would rival another that's 2500 miles away. Exactly what customers would consider these two rivals?

It's telling of Atlanta's lack of a sense of place that they have to look to a city equally vacuous in that regard to set their bar.

Now, as for rivalling Michigan Ave., I'm not even sure how Michigan Ave. "rivals" Rodeo. All this highbrow one-upsmanship can get pretty confusing.

Good post. :P

Why does my questions always get covered up with pissing contest? This " Good Post" crap gets old.

It was an inside joke with Dal. Lighten up.

To answer your question... Rodeo drive is in Beverly Hills, California, and is arguably the most famous strip of high end retail in the world.

It was an inside joke with Dal. Lighten up.

To answer your question... Rodeo drive is in Beverly Hills, California, and is arguably the most famous strip of high end retail in the world.

Oh, I see Great Post :P thanks for the info. ;)

Intermission!

As I mentioned (or asked) the word ghetto always has and still has negative racial connotations to it. I try to not use it as I don't want to offend any one if possible. But then again, most people on this forum think I am just old-fashioned and laugh it (me) off. I still don't know what ghetto-fabulous is???

A well known oil co here in Houston once used the word in a new advertisement and there was big time outcry so they had to pull the commercial. Second time they didn't do thier homework before launching an add that I knew of. Another major campaign was targeting Hispanics and they mixed up the whole wording and did not include people that couldnt read Spanish, big no-no. Glad I'm not there any more.

Now, back to our feature presentation!

Archived