Forest Brook High School At 7525 Tidwell Rd.

Please invite him to discuss on this message board - I would like to hear his stories regarding the parents.

And, I heard that parents are often problems - At Waltrip High School some student and her mother assaulted a police officer over a truancy ticket - http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=...&id=4623585

My attitude that school districts ought to be controlled by parents who care about education and control the parents who do not care about education.

i will ask him....i found it hard to believe that during the parent teacher meetings he told me he would be grateful to have 5 parents show up. sometimes no one would show up. that is horrible.

So back to my question. is this improper use of funds? or are the $$ affecting HISD policy?

The answer to your question is :::::drumroll::: YES! Just the tip of the HISD money malfeasance & misappropriation iceburg though.

Here's one example of corrupt HISD fiscal policy:

HISD was given a one million dollar grant (federal funds) for an arts program for 2006-2007. Ten middle schools were to receive 100,000 large apiece. (God only know why HISD thought that humongous amount of money was necessary for each campus but that another barrel of drunken monkeys). Dr. Saavedra created a brand-spanking new positon for Noah Wiley as head honcho of the money. WIley was given a shiny new office with staff (!) along with a nifty logo.

Where did the money go though? Not one middle school campus saw a dime.

HHHHmmmmm, vedy interestink.

Edited by Toggle3

1. I second Musicman's question

2. Your source is where?

The answer to your question is :::::drumroll::: YES! Just the tip of the HISD money malfeasance & misappropriation iceburg though.

Here's one example of corrupt HISD fiscal policy:

HISD was given a one million dollar grant (federal funds) for an arts program for 2006-2007. Ten middle schools were to receive 100,000 large apiece. (God only know why HISD thought that humongous amount of money was necessary for each campus but that another barrel of drunken monkeys). Dr. Saavedra created a brand-spanking new positon for Noah Wiley as head honcho of the money. WIley was given a shiny new office with staff (!) along with a nifty logo.

Where did the money go though? Not one middle school campus saw a dime.

HHHHmmmmm, vedy interestink.

^

are you a teacher/work for the district?

I'd rather not discuss my profession. I will confirm that any information I have posted regarding HISD has been from firsthand experience and can be verified.

VIC--just because it isn't in a dictionary or on the Internet, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Wise up young man.

Toggle, then I have no way of knowing if the events you described actually happened.

Why not get Wayne Dolcefino on HISD's case if such events are happening? He is more than happy to hear cases like this.

I'd rather not discuss my profession. I will confirm that any information I have posted regarding HISD has been from firsthand experience and can be verified.

VIC--just because it isn't in a dictionary or on the Internet, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Wise up young man.

Vic ye of little faith. if your friends told you something would you believe them?

Depends on how truthful and neutral the friend is ;) - I know some people who embellish stories about themselves because they feel their lives need more excitement.

But, if it's a person who I know and feel that he or she would tell the truth, then, yes, I would trust him/her.

how does neutrality come into play here? if person is truthful and not neutral how would that be different? they would still be telling the truth.

Well, a friend of my dad told a story about when a random man threatened him in a parking lot and chased him around town (the man was later arrested).

My dad later added that the friend probably omitted a piece of the story; my dad believes that the friend probably insulted the random man, causing the random man to threaten him. My dad does not know for sure, but he knows the friend.

Well, a friend of my dad told a story about when a random man threatened him in a parking lot and chased him around town (the man was later arrested).

My dad later added that the friend probably omitted a piece of the story; my dad believes that the friend probably insulted the random man, causing the random man to threaten him. My dad does not know for sure, but he knows the friend.

??? guess we're using neutral differently.

Depends on how truthful and neutral the friend is - I know some people who embellish stories about themselves because they feel their lives need more excitement.But, if it's a person who I know and feel that he or she would tell the truth, then, yes, I would trust him/her.

What could be the reason you're sounding so stupid? Pick an option: A) You've graduated from an HISD school B) You're a child.

This is really off-topic from the direction this thread has gone since it started, but did anyone else notice the mustache on the kid's mom? She was on TV sitting next to Publicity-Whore-And-Apologist-For-Criminals-X and tearfully asking for people to forgive her son and all I could think about was how she really needs to get a wax job or at least break out the razor before having a televised press conference. Seriously, it was that bad.

• The title was changed to Forest Brook High School At 7525 Tidwell Rd.