Office Construction In The Energy Corridor

strickn

Minor excerpt from report published July 23rd, http://houston.bizjournals.com/bizspace/ho...tory_id=1493953

"There's no space in that submarket," says Rocher, noting the 2 percent vacancy rate along Interstate 10 west of the Beltway.

Aaron Thielhorn, Trammell Crow's principal of office development, expected Energy Center I to attract a large tenant.

"We wanted to land a really strong anchor tenant," Thielhorn says. "It just ended up it was an anchor tenant that was big enough to take the whole building."

There will be more competition when Trammell Crow's second building comes on line.

In fact, another three buildings with a total of 740,000 square feet of multitenant office space are expected to be announced soon in the Energy Corridor, says Clark Martinson, general manager of the Energy Corridor District.

Martinson would not name the builders, but says they are existing developers planning to expand on what they already have in the area.

pm91:

Thank you for the tip. Yet if the other projects were Energy Center II and III, that would not only not account for there being three more, it would pose the additional blank of why someone in the know chose to say that unnamed builders would be announcing them soon when Energy Center II has already been announced and there would have been no point in declining to mention the developer. If you read the article, it was hard to think that Energy Center II was one of the unannounced buildings in question.

Trae: it's really not important. But the understanding behind "I disagree" was the following. I was aware that I could use an ellipsis and cut out everything from 'Aaron Thielhorn' until 'there will be more' or 'In fact', and I chose not to, in order to allow for some helpful context that ties the real news, which is contained in the last two sentences, into what readers know about the current projects there. The fact that the context is left there doesn't turn the news that I put in the title of the thread into a duplicate post. I checked the Energy Center thread and the 13 storey building by omni thread, but it hasn't been linked in either of those, so it was my call as to whether to prepare a new post for future information on these corridor projects outside of the Energy Center.

• The title was changed to Office Construction In The Energy Corridor