Wedge International Tower At 1415 Louisiana St.

jt16

The is a small section of white neon that comes on but the green neon out line must have been damaged during one of the last hurricanes or the owners just lost interest.

It sure could use the green. It made the building pop. Also Chevron's first tower should turn back on the neon "Halo" it has at the top. That used to look impressive. It's lit with Christmas lights but not the warm neon it had years ago.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • The title was changed to Why Doesn't The WEDGE Tower In Downtown Light Up Anymore?
  • The title was changed to Wedge International Tower At 1415 Louisiana St.
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/28/2007 at 11:36 AM, Subdude said:

There wasn't a garage attached. It started as the United Bank Plaza. Originally another tower was to be built there, but the bust in the 1980s put an end to it. There was also a plan to build a second tower in the 1990s but that fell through too.

http://xs36.xs.to/pics/05271/UnitedBankPlaza.jpg

Years ago, I found an ad for the original version in a pre-bust edition of the Houston Post when I was doing some research. Didn't realize Kickerillo was the head of the bank - had only heard of his homebuilding company that came about later on. I'll have to dig it out of my files eventually since I printed it out. 

The base makes more sense when viewed in that context since I think there was supposed to have been somewhat of an atrium that bridged the towers and the shared garage. Looked like it would have just been a shorter version in terms of design.

Since there is link rot - wasn't the 90s / early 2000's version more of a standard glass-box tower? It's been a while since I've seen the rendering.

WEDGE is still marketing that side of the block for what it's worth.

Saw another lease had been shored up at the existing tower.

https://realtynewsreport.com/rnr-real-estate-briefs-texas-more-14/

"HOUSTON – The Royston, Rayzor, Vickery & Williams law firm leased 11,611 SF at the 1415 Louisiana building in downtown Houston. Griff Bandy and John Zivley of Partners Real Estate represented the law firm in the transaction. The landlord, Wedge Commercial Properties, was represented by Connor Saxe of Cushman & Wakefield."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...