Snow Mountain Amusement Park

MidtownCoog

I know it is great we are getting an new park and maybe this Snow Mt. project (possibly all in the same area) I think adding a Great Wolf Lodge would tip it over as a place to be. Great Wolf Lodge is really fun place to go to. It may be asking for to much though.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Snow Mountain vs. Ski Dubai

Height: 149 m vs. 85 m, or 44 vs. 25 stories

Of the 149 m, the end of the slope is at 24 m, so it is a true 125 m a healthy 47% advantage over Ski Dubai.

Ski Area: 40,800 m2 vs. 22,500 m2

This area is covered snow.

It seems like finally Houston will have something bigger than Dubai, and it will look like a blocky mountain, rather than a metal slide.

Of the 149 m, the end of the slope is at 24 m, so it is a true 125 m a healthy 47% advantage over Ski Dubai.

It seems like finally Houston will have something bigger than Dubai, and it will look like a blocky mountain, rather than a metal slide.

Dubai after learning the news:

2qd3j3p.gif

Is this thing actually going to get built?... or is it still up in the air? :unsure:

Yes, but I'm sure Dubai's will be far more visually appealing.

Yes, but I'm sure Dubai's will be far more visually appealing.

Look at post 68 they have a pic of Dubai's and it is not spectacular. I like ours better it is more to the theme and bigger than Ski Dubai! :-) But I found some thing on the internet about the Snowdome in Dubai and it looks spectacular imo. Link to Snowdome

Arent they proposing to build some type of artic thing in galveston maybe they can take some of the architectual elements from the snowdome to ues.

Look at post 68 they have a pic of Dubai's and it is not spectacular. I like ours better it is more to the theme and bigger than Ski Dubai! :-) But I found some thing on the internet about the Snowdome in Dubai and it looks spectacular imo. Link to Snowdome

Arent they proposing to build some type of artic thing in galveston maybe they can take some of the architectual elements from the snowdome to ues.

The current Dubai facility is impressive on the inside. Here's some pictures I took on a visit a few months ago.

post-2015-1217455536_thumb.jpg

post-2015-1217455530_thumb.jpg

post-2015-1217455523_thumb.jpg

post-2015-1217455509_thumb.jpg

post-2015-1217455516_thumb.jpg

The current Dubai facility is impressive on the inside. Here's some pictures I took on a visit a few months ago.

post-2015-1217455536_thumb.jpg

post-2015-1217455530_thumb.jpg

post-2015-1217455523_thumb.jpg

post-2015-1217455509_thumb.jpg

post-2015-1217455516_thumb.jpg

Hey, everyone's trying to figure out a use for the Astrodome...I can see that making an outstanding half pipe for snowboarding. B)

Hey, everyone's trying to figure out a use for the Astrodome...I can see that making an outstanding half pipe for snowboarding. B)

!!!!!!!!! DO IT!!

Best idea I've heard for that thing yet. It's already air conditioned, just add a lot of tonnage/units and make it downright polar.

!!!!!!!!! DO IT!!

Best idea I've heard for that thing yet. It's already air conditioned, just add a lot of tonnage/units and make it downright polar.

Dude, I mentioned that here a few times over the past couple of years. We rarely get snow in Houston and what a way to make up for it. Because of the Dome's size, it could include a ice skating rink, a snow mobile run on one of the upper level concourses that runs the circumference of the dome, a huge Winter Wonderland for the kiddies, a ski lift from the floor up to the top levels, a snow boarding area complete with x-games styled ramps, and a shopping plaza with a few resturants to boot. And of course the whole thing would be heavily themed. It is possible. Plus Houstonians could boast about being able to snow ski, then relaxing on the beach in Galveston in 80 degree water within the same hour.

I say drop the Gaylord Styled Hotel plan, we already have one in Texas. Bring the 'Snow Dome' to life! ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got a response from the architect:

I can confirm that we are the architects for the project and that we have worked for Mr. Villareal to produce a sketch design for the Snow Mountain to facilitate his search for funding and investment possibilities. At this moment, we are waiting further instructions from Mr. Villareal to proceed with the following stages of the design.

He also left me the contact info for the developer, Tex-Star Development.

• 1 year later...

Please tell me this is fake:

Snow Mountain project slated for Houston, Texas

An exciting new snow-themed development for Houston, Texas has been unveiled by Unlimited Snow for Houston, Texas.

http://skirebel.com/magazine/2007/07/05/sn...-houston-texas/

Grand Texas Riverwalk? Is that what they plan to call the new Dome?

And two years later, nothing

Visitors to The Grand Texas River Walk will be beamed into a grandiose complex that will be contain an impressive virtual Alpine and Arctic world. While no timeline has been identified to begin working on this grandiose project, it is expected to begin construction in the coming year for a 2009 opening said the company behind this project, Unlitimed Snow.

Oh well.

• 2 months later...

I emailed the s333 and asked if they knew if the project was still on or cancelled and this is what they said...

I believe that the Snow Mountain project is going ahead but they are finalising funding at the moment.

Regards,

Hanna

Archived