Slurpee 40 Years Old This Year

Yep. thats the golden age bottle I remember. Mom bought cans because we went to Galveston and there was no glass allowed on Stewart Beach. I remember slushes too. My dad always took me to get one at a tiny drive in burger place on the corner of Wayside and one of the avenues between Harrisburg and Canal. This was after he took me to Mason Park and we were on the way home. That slush was a tradition.

Oh, wow! Now I remember when we'd pull into a convenience store my mom would say: "Get me a Golden Age." I also remember Mr. Cola. Do any of you?

I was in LA last week and a 7-11 in burbank is know a quik-e-mart like in the Simpsons, i took some pics on my cell phone and will try and post them here if anyone is interested. The slurpee machine is not a squishee machine, and they sell some products like buzz cola, and krusty o's that come out on the simpsons.

That was Vertigo58, not me. His photo is similar to the former bear logo of Travelodge. Yes, I'm taking a little snort as I type.

OY VEY ! Would somebody PLEASE just go put a plastic bag over his head and end his misery ?!?!

NB, you are sooooo out of it, you don't even know what you are doing anymore ? Go look at POST #20, is that your post ?

Edited by TJones

• 9 months later...
I'm going to have to disagree with you on that one. 7-11s had ICEEs. I remember the rotating bear on top of the machine next to the checkout counter. Slurpee came with the Stop and Gos when they were two different companies.

joe

I have to agree with Joe. I only remember the ICEE at 7-11...I always liked that bear sign. My fav was the cherry one, maybe they switched to slurpee later...when they changed to StopnGo. 7-11 also had that TV tube machine. :D

and look at the toys you wanted for christmas - all picked out of the sears catalog, of course.
quote/ Gnu

Boy, you guys are my age, I can tell, totally! Sears had it all.

All of us have way too much time on our hands. Why else would we all be on this forum?
quote/ northbeaumont

:lol::lol::lol: There are plenty of other things I should be doing right now, this is much more fun!

Edited by NenaE

• The title was changed to Slurpee 40 Years Old This Year