Cabo Restaurant At 1111 Westheimer Rd.

VelvetJ

yes, that sounds to be the case from what i've read here and on b4-u-eat.

the old Cabo is a Sushi spot, which moved from its Galleria location. I'll probably check it out this weekend or next week.

b4-u-eat review for Coco's

B4-U-Eat is an awesome site. We use it all the time when venturing out to new restuarants.

But if you hit the new sushi place this weekend fill us in with your comments. If I were a betting man I would bet they are out of business within 6 months. That is the way that site is.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Coco's has been my favorite Sushi place for years (nevermind the lack of ambience.)

I thought they had gone out of business until I found them on b4-u-eat this morning. What luck, finding out instead that they've moved much closer to my neck of the woods! I'll be dining there very soon.

Coco's has a loyal following, including me. I am excited to learn that they moved and didn't close.

Mamasan, the owner, is the best. If she likes you, there is usually free sake at the end of your meal. ;)

I ate there tonight and the food is as good as always. It is a regulars kind of place, so be patient if you're new -- you'll soon become family.

Where else can you listen to the dance music while eating sushi and watching sports?

I've been there twice now - Mamasan is indeed a character and very cute. She gave us free sake both times! :)

The first time I was there, I was with my boyfriend and the second time was with friends and she asked if she "knew any of us"... Obviously, she wants to know her patrons, which is always good! Everyone there is very nice.

The decor is a little strange - the seats & tables look like cheap versions of the modern decor that Uptown Sushi uses, but what's with the native american stuff in the corner? Yeah, I don't know... It looks like they're not done figuring out how to decorate.

She did say they were at their old location on Richmond for 12 years, and they decided to move.

Sushi's good, I've been twice in 2 weeks and I'll go back.

There was a constant stream of patrons in & out both times I was there (weeknights), and it's definitely more crowded than Yan Sushi down the street (which is one my faves), and they've been in business for years.

I think (hope?) we have a winner!! :)

The decor is a little strange - the seats & tables look like cheap versions of the modern decor that Uptown Sushi uses, but what's with the native american stuff in the corner? Yeah, I don't know... It looks like they're not done figuring out how to decorate.

Those are Japanese drums and Japanese whatnot. Mamasan has always had a strange decorating sense...the last place (that was around forever) made you afraid you'd turn into a Nagel print. Believe me, the decor at the new place is much better. :)

• The title was changed to Cabo Restaurant At 1111 Westheimer Rd.

Archived