The Shops At Oak Forest Shopping Center At 1335 W. 43rd St.

MarthaG

that why i say pedestrian friendly involves more than a shopping center, it is more area wide.

And I'll agree with your statement, but let's try to look at the bigger picture...

The whole area isn't going to become more pedestrian friendly (whether it be born of aesthetics or infrastructure) in one fell swoop; it happens in bits and pieces. Which is why we have a prime opportunity here, which is what I was alluding to in my original post.

And I'll agree with your statement, but let's try to look at the bigger picture...

The whole area isn't going to become more pedestrian friendly (whether it be born of aesthetics or infrastructure) in one fell swoop; it happens in bits and pieces. Which is why we have a prime opportunity here, which is what I was alluding to in my original post.

guess it was too disguised for me. but i will agree it is a BIG project not something a shopping center will change.

but i will agree it is a BIG project not something a shopping center will change.

Of course not...but it can be a catalyst. Nothing in a city thrives/stagnates/declines without instigating factors. A piece of the larger picture.

Expand your horizons, man! ;)

Wow.......I think you're just arguing for the sake of arguing at this point.

Yes, I have the same option, regardless of the construction of the new center. But (let's go back to my original post), why not make it MORE pedestrian friendly, while making the area more attractive to a wider audience?

That's pretty much where I am with music. He clearly knows nothing of the neighborhood while those of us that were born there, grew-up there and continue to live, visit, support and shop there know better. But he really likes to argue for the sake of arguing. He and others like him are why I sign on to HAIF less and less everyday.

• 3 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to The Shops At Oak Forest Developments
  • The title was changed to The Shops At Oak Forest Shopping Center At 1335 W. 43rd St.
  • The topic was unlocked

Archived