The Judys

Gary

They remind me of the good old days of Rice U radio was it KTRU.

There were 2 girls that did the punk show that started around 8pm on Fridays and went on until like 1am?

One's name was Hope and the other? What became of them???

You could call and always get through the line and request stuff like Bela Lugosi's Dead or Nina Hagen's - New York, New York. They played "Johnny are you Queer" by Josie Cotten quite often. I never hear that cool stuff any where in Houston, anyway. :(

What movie was Johnny are you Queer in? I can't remember. Josie Cotten was onstage singing it. It was near the end of the movie.

What movie was Johnny are you Queer in? I can't remember. Josie Cotten was onstage singing it. It was near the end of the movie.

I still kick myself for not buying the album! They had it ONLY at Soundwaves on Boradway of course. The cover had her all cool driving a like 59 Cadillac. The movie may have been Valley Girl 1982? The only place that plays (if you ask) is Numbers of course. On 80's Friday nights. this is where haif should have a meet/greet. It would be real bizarro! :rolleyes::wacko:

I'll bet IMDB.com would tell you what film it was in. Just type in Josie Cotton. Try New Wave.com too!

Good call Vertigo, it IS Valley Girl, Josie Cotten's band is playing the Prom at the end. Lots of good music from that movie.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My life is flashing before me with this thread. I never liked the Judys, I was looking for something a lot rougher than a bunch of skinny kids from Pearland singing about watching TV, but their stuff was all over town at the time.

Nowadays my 17-year-old son is into all that punk stuff. His English teacher is in the Ringwalds!

My life is flashing before me with this thread. I never liked the Judys, I was looking for something a lot rougher than a bunch of skinny kids from Pearland singing about watching TV, but their stuff was all over town at the time.

Nowadays my 17-year-old son is into all that punk stuff. His English teacher is in the Ringwalds!

ha ha! I have friends with kids in the same sort of situations. Pearland, bleh, was more interested in a bunch of fat dudes from Austin singing about bad highs with an appealing hardcore sound yet, rock-steady beat. (Big Boys). Good times. Or when Henry Rollins was maybe 21 and Black Flag was replacing vocalists, and they rolled through Houston the first time? OMG.

• 1 month later...

Archived