Set the wayback machine to 1984!

From YouTube, here's a couple of clips from 1984.

The first one, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7-stUfofi0 is a collection of KPRC promos from April 14-15, 1984. It's great to see Ron Stone, Doug Johnson and Bob Nicholas again from the days when Channel 2 was a station to be respected.

The second one, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYTxKZMtpXc is a collection of KTRK promos from February 1984. There is a "Good Morning Houston" promo as well as "Million Dollar Movie" bumpers. Plus, there's a "Live at Five" opening complete with mustached Bob Boudreaux.

Go through the guy's videos. He has old commercials for Joske's, Foley's, Levitz(you'll love it at Levitz) and Stereo Warehouse!

Great post. I miss Bob Boudreaux. Does anyone know what happened to him. If you listen without looking you'ld think you were listening to Tom Kock. I miss the styles and the hair. Not the hair styles they were a pain to maintain, I mean the hair, I had hair in '84.

joe

Great post. I miss Bob Boudreaux. Does anyone know what happened to him.
i know there was the urban legend about him and the exploding porta potty. last i heard he was into land acquisition/subdivision development in ft bend county. and i guess doing his acting on the side.

Wow. I was 4 years old then. I can't believe Channel 2 covered the Colony Mall fire in Nacogdoches. I remember that fire vividly...the flames must've been 5 stories high...we could see 'em from our front yard.

I worked at KEEE/KJCS Radio at the time, and I was out on the street covering that fire live on the radio. It took out most of one side of the downtown square. Our studios were on the second floor of a bank on the other side of the square, so we had a ringside seat.

And BTW, Channel 2 didn't "cover" the fire. The Lufkin TV station shared its video of the actual fire with TV stations all over the state. Out of town TV reporters came to Nacogdoches the next day to get "day after" shots of the damage. I remember a bunch of news helicopters flying in from all directions and landing in the parking lot behind Stone Fort Bank.

Edited by FilioScotia

I totally forgot about Bob Nicholas. He was there for quite a while, eh?

The KTRK music bumpers are interesting. If I'm not mistaken, the Million Dollar Movie bumper music was from "The Stunt Man." I've always been curious as to the bumper music KTRK used for the Sunday afternoon movie and the late night movie during those years. I remember what they sounded like, but I never knew what they were called or where it was from.

I worked at KEEE/KJCS Radio at the time, and I was out on the street covering that fire live on the radio. It took out most of one side of the downtown square. Our studios were on the second floor of a bank on the other side of the square, so we had a ringside seat.

And BTW, Channel 2 didn't "cover" the fire. The Lufkin TV station shared its video of the actual fire with TV stations all over the state. Out of town TV reporters came to Nacogdoches the next day to get "day after" shots of the damage. I remember a bunch of news helicopters flying in from all directions and landing in the parking lot behind Stone Fort Bank.

Yep...I know exactly where those studios are/were. We toured them when I was in like the 2nd grade. LOL

How long did you live in Nac?

Yep...I know exactly where those studios are/were. We toured them when I was in like the 2nd grade. LOL How long did you live in Nac?

Actually, my wife and I lived in Lufkin from 1979 through 1988. I worked at KEEE/KJCS from 83 through 88. I commuted in every day to do the news on KJCS. Heck it's only 18 miles and it took me only 20 minutes to get to work. I may have been there the day you came through on your tour. Schools were always bringing classes in on field-trip tours. I was the funny looking guy in the small news room.

Great post. I miss Bob Boudreaux. Does anyone know what happened to him. If you listen without looking you'ld think you were listening to Tom Kock. I miss the styles and the hair. Not the hair styles they were a pain to maintain, I mean the hair, I had hair in '84.

joe

Bob has a commercial real estate license and as recently as about a year ago was living in the West U area not far from Channel 13.