Palais Royal Next To HEB Fry Rd. At Highway 99

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have an unconfirmed report that a BIG LOTS! is being planned in the same shopping center as Palais Royal and H.E.B. Im not entirely sure that a "BIG LOTS" would go well in this shopping center. More to come later......... :blink:4.jpg

Sounds to me like your unconfirmed report is "gossip". It doesn't make sense to have a BIG LOTS. The demographics won't support a BIG LOTS. I can't see the BIG LOTS executives or the shopping center developers putting in a location there. It doesn't make sense.

Sounds to me like your unconfirmed report is "gossip". It doesn't make sense to have a BIG LOTS. The demographics won't support a BIG LOTS. I can't see the BIG LOTS executives or the shopping center developers putting in a location there. It doesn't make sense.

I've heard from a pretty reliable source that Big Lots will not be going into that spot.

I've heard from a pretty reliable source that Big Lots will not be going into that spot.

THIS JUST IN, I HAVE CONFIRMED THAT KOHLS DEPARTMENT STORE IS BUILDING BESIDES THE HOME DEPOT! I did not want to post until i was 100% sure, so i went to ask the contractor and indeed he told me that they were!! gEt ReAdY!!...!!

THIS IS COMING!! 08-10-KOHLS-1.JPG

Hobby Lobby is going in next to Palais Royal.

TCBY will be going in the strip where Papa John's is

the developer flyer used to read that this was to be a TCBY up until a week ago, but it now says that this is to be a Baskin Robins.

here's the link to the flyer:

http://www.propertycommerce.com/flyers/flyer08.pdf

Hobby Lobby, Big lOts its all the same crap.

Well, I'm not saying Hobby Lobby is something to get terribly excited about, but it doesn't have the cringe-inducing nature of Big Lots. There is a pretty big difference in the type of store. I still would have preferred a Borders or Barnes & Noble though.

Wait guys...do u seriously think that Barnes & Nobles would want to be on South Fry Road and Grand Parkway?...Because according to my uncle that works with SIMON.....Barnes & Nobles will be going at the Grand Mall...right next to JC Penney ...which to me is a more desirable location and its a new mall rather than a regular shopping strip mall along fry road.

Wait guys...do u seriously think that Barnes & Nobles would want to be on South Fry Road and Grand Parkway?...Because according to my uncle that works with SIMON.....Barnes & Nobles will be going at the Grand Mall...right next to JC Penney ...which to me is a more desirable location and its a new mall rather than a regular shopping strip mall along fry road.

I completely agree. Those stores need some heavy traffic and the location up at the Grand Mall will provide that. The demographics at the Fry center are great for certain retailers due to the realiatively high income of local residents, number of kids, professionals, etc, but it would be a very odd location IMO for a bookstore. Needs a "mall-type" area or center.

If I remeber correctly, the original site plan for LaCenterra showed a Book/Music store up on the front buidling where that decorative store is and where Panera Bread is going in.

OK, I'm an urban planner and live in the Morton Ranch Area. There is a new trend in the real state world...and according to it we are not actually looking for white snobby places like those around the the Fry & 99 Area...now we are looking for diversity and and middle income housing...with diversity in the jobs..for example professionals and working class people..

OK, I'm an urban planner and live in the Morton Ranch Area. There is a new trend in the real state world...and according to it we are not actually looking for white snobby places like those around the the Fry & 99 Area...now we are looking for diversity and and middle income housing...with diversity in the jobs..for example professionals and working class people..

I think diversity should include variety of stores, not just home improvement stores, nail salons, donut shops, dry cleaning. I think we need diversity of food, but for this area, I will just settle for more food. It seems one exit down, westheimer and 99 is getting all the food.

I was in high school, but now well I'm at A&M and my proffessor told me that this is a new trend. This is 100% accurate Dr. Bame at A&M...does any one know her?

1. You are not an Urban planner.

2. Good to know you were in High school. I had my doubts.

3. Did you look up that professors name up online? you just said you were at A&M but in this thread you said you lived in Morton Ranch.

at least keep your stories straight.

I don't mean to attack you but your posts have a history of being a tad ridiculous and juvenile.

I agree borders, or some other book store, (I like Barnes and Nobles), would fit better in La Centerra or in the proposed mall.

Living In Seven Meadows I would have loved to have seen a 24hour fitness, blockbuster, Best Buy, Bed Bath Beyond. Lifetime charges to much and has to many children running around. The HEB shopping center seems to be catering more to the stay home moms in the area with Palais Royal and now a hobby lobby. Do the same people that shop at Palais Royal also shop at Hobby Lobby? Was there a study for this? What's next a $1 store or Payless Shoes? Is this shopping center going to be a copy of the one on Kroger Shopping Center Fry & 1-10?

Living In Seven Meadows I would have loved to have seen a 24hour fitness, blockbuster, Best Buy, Bed Bath Beyond. Lifetime charges to much and has to many children running around. The HEB shopping center seems to be catering more to the stay home moms in the area with Palais Royal and now a hobby lobby. Do the same people that shop at Palais Royal also shop at Hobby Lobby? Was there a study for this? What's next a $1 store or Payless Shoes? Is this shopping center going to be a copy of the one on Kroger Shopping Center Fry & 1-10?

I, too, would have preferred something better than a Hobby Lobby, although I think that a grocery store shopping center would not work with many retailers I would've liked. I still think a bookstore could've done well but I agree there are better locations for it. Honestly, I can't figure out why one hasn't signed a lease with La Centerra. I actually am glad we didn't get a Best Buy. I think it attracts too many loiterers and I'm sure it would increase traffic more than a Hobby Lobby.

I can see where Hobby Lobby would be frequented by women in the area. However, I really doubt that many residents buy their clothes from Palais Royal. According to its website its "specialty is bringing nationally-known, brand name apparel, accessories, footwear and cosmetics to small towns and communities throughout the U.S." It's basically a smaller selection of department store brands. Why would Katy need this when there are stores with large selections in close proximity? I suppose other locations are still in business so there must be some market for this sort of thing. I don't see myself becoming a frequent shopper however.

I wouldn't worry about a dollar store or payless shoes. I can't imagine that the demographics would even remotely support them.

I can see where Hobby Lobby would be frequented by women in the area. However, I really doubt that many residents buy their clothes from Palais Royal. According to its website its "specialty is bringing nationally-known, brand name apparel, accessories, footwear and cosmetics to small towns and communities throughout the U.S." It's basically a smaller selection of department store brands. Why would Katy need this when there are stores with large selections in close proximity? I suppose other locations are still in business so there must be some market for this sort of thing. I don't see myself becoming a frequent shopper however.

I wouldn't worry about a dollar store or payless shoes. I can't imagine that the demographics would even remotely support them.

It's been awhile since I shopped there, but if I remember correctly they have some pretty good brands of men's appearal (Polo, Dockers, etc) - I assume womens is equivalent. I bet they end up doing pretty well as it seems like a lot of the residents in close proximatey are families with at least one, and sometimes 2 working professionals. I know with 2 kids, my wife and I both working, we don't have time going to the mall for a couple of hours (on top of that I would rather get a root canal than going to the mall!!!). It should be nice to be able to park right by a store, run in and pick up a dress shirt, tie, or slacks right in the neighborhood.

With Home Depot, Walgreens, HEB, Bank of America, Firestone, Hobby Lobby, and Palais Royal I think I could almost survive shopping these two centers. Might have to throw in a pizza from Candalaris also. ;)

I saw this shopping center for the first time in a while on Saturday while driving to the Galleria with some friends, and I must say that it is one tacky looking shopping center. Fry Road was backed up, too.

I saw this shopping center for the first time in a while on Saturday while driving to the Galleria with some friends, and I must say that it is one tacky looking shopping center. Fry Road was backed up, too.

I completely agree - they went pretty cheap and "tacky". It's unfortunate this was not part of Cinco so it could look more like the Target center on Westheimer Parkway. We don't need huge colorful lettering and evey various color of sign right in the neighborhood - we know you are there. It's not like you are trying to pull someone off the interstate to do some impulse shopping. But if you don't have the build guidelines, they will do it as cheaply as possible without looking horrible.

I heard that Newland (which developed both Cinco and Seven Meadows) or maybe the residents/homeowners association of Seven Meadows, was only worried about HEB being 24 hours so they compromised on the facade for making them adjust their hours and closing overnight. Could be an urban ledgend.

Trendmaker Development did much better across the street with their center IMO.

Archived