Palais Royal Next To HEB Fry Rd. At Highway 99

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder who will be going into space 14. That is 89,100 square feet of retail available. Twice as large as the Palais Royal shop. Is that large enough for a Best Buy?

I wonder who will be going into space 14. That is 89,100 square feet of retail available. Twice as large as the Palais Royal shop. Is that large enough for a Best Buy?

I saw that 89,100 for the other space. It would appear that Fidelis may have error on their flier as this space would have to be more that twice the size of the Palais Royal - just doesn't look that way from the drawing. Also, compare it to the 125,000 HEB. I'm thinking the Palais Royal and this empty space was 89,100 combined. With PR being 40,000, leaving 49,100 for another tenant.

All this being said, I checked out Best Buy's website and they currently build 3 sizes of stores: 20k, 30k, and 45k square feet stores so they would definately fit.

• 3 months later...
They're putting up way too much crap in that area. Before too long Fry Rd is going to look like Highway 6. Whoever suggested putt up a Palais Royal should be shot in the groin. I hope it goes out of business in a year.

What is going up next to the new Firestone? Across the street from Candelarias.....

I agree - it is a lot of crap. That area is so crowded (traffic) now anyways - they really need to put a light up at the Home Depot / HEB Intersection. Has anyone heard any details of what will be going in across Grand Parkway on Fry? There is a Wells Fargo bank on that corner (SE Corner of GP and Fry road) and Fidelis has signs up. I have heard rumor that Randall's owns that land. It seems big enough for another store - does anyone know anything?

I agree - it is a lot of crap. That area is so crowded (traffic) now anyways - they really need to put a light up at the Home Depot / HEB Intersection. Has anyone heard any details of what will be going in across Grand Parkway on Fry? There is a Wells Fargo bank on that corner (SE Corner of GP and Fry road) and Fidelis has signs up. I have heard rumor that Randall's owns that land. It seems big enough for another store - does anyone know anything?

Randall's (Safeway) owns the land, but they are marketing it for a shopping center or big box store. They are not expanding their store base in Houston so don't looks for a Randalls to be built.

What is going up next to the new Firestone? Across the street from Candelarias.....

Big surprise...it's another freaking bank. According to the development layout, there is supposed to be a fast food place in between this bank and the creek/bayou. Also there is supposed to be more development behind both of these next to/ adjacent to Home Depot. Those spaces look to be set up for larger stores similar to the development on north fry's Home depot; Bed Bath and Beyond kind of stuff.

Also, Palis Royal is currently a 44,000 sq ft store, the land right next to it is set to have a business that tops out at 55K and then there is a spot right next to that that's a little smaller. the developer there (and across the street) has no one set for any of these yet.

They're putting up way too much crap in that area. Before too long Fry Rd is going to look like Highway 6. Whoever suggested putt up a Palais Royal should be shot in the groin. I hope it goes out of business in a year.

This area is very congested and very dangerous to drive thru. I live in Seven Meadows and see at least see 3-4 accidents a week of people entering/exiting into Fry or the shopping centers. With more stores coming up something needs to be done about the traffic flow or more accidents will happen.

I thought so too, but now it looks like all they did was grade the land and put down that green spray that grows grass.

I have an unconfirmed report that a BIG LOTS! is being planned in the same shopping center as Palais Royal and H.E.B. Im not entirely sure that a "BIG LOTS" would go well in this shopping center. More to come later......... :blink:4.jpg

I have an unconfirmed report that a BIG LOTS! is being planned in the same shopping center as Palais Royal and H.E.B. Im not entirely sure that a "BIG LOTS" would go well in this shopping center. More to come later......... :blink:4.jpg

Holy FS. If its big lots, thats like the worst thing that can go there. It will bring down the whole place. A strip club would be better.

Wow. If they put in a Big Lots... I feel sorry for you guys that live close to this mess. They could have easily fixed up the center with better stores. A Borders books instead of a Palais Royal. Then, a Best Buy next to that.

Archived