Cy-Fair To Play On National TV Showdown

They suck. Well, they aren't that great

?????

Excuse me?

"Berry was also the site of the teams' meeting last year, a game which Cypress Falls won in dramatic fashion 22-21 on Oct. 20, 2006.

Both teams went on to have stellar seasons

Edited by mrfootball

?????

Excuse me?

"Berry was also the site of the teams' meeting last year, a game which Cypress Falls won in dramatic fashion 22-21 on Oct. 20, 2006.

Both teams went on to have stellar seasons

I grew up when FBISD football meant something and HISD had tough teams along with Aldine High.....Cy-Fair ISD was good for a team or two but that was it..

suburban development has hampered football in the Houston area and the one-horse schools are over....Cypress has averaged 1 to 2 high schools per year and I was amazed when I saw another Cypress high school built 2 miles from Cy-Springs and 3 to 4 miles from the new one on Skinner Road. There isn't that much talent to even go around and that makes for bad football...

Cypress ISD schools on ESPN? There were plenty of teams in the 80s worth putting on TV but ESPN wasn't what it is today unfortunately...got to fill the tube I guess...

the crowds at the games tell you something also about the interest...only the traditional schools close to the loop really draw

"There isn't that much talent to even go around and that makes for bad football..."

Yeah, I guess that's why these two teams located directly across the freeway from each other made it to the State championships in the toughest state in the country for HS Football. The District these schools play in is regarded as one of the most competitive in the state.

You need not feel compelled to post your thoughts on every thread.

Edited by mrfootball

This will be a nice opportunity to showcase the finest Highschool football stadium in the country, pretty good football teams too!

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/4836190.html

I agree! This will be a great opportunity to showcase the finest Highschool football stadium in the country! It is so fine my sister and her husband sold their house in Fairfield and have moved themselves and 4 girls into Houston so they could go to schools that concentrate their resources on education instead of football stadiums. I understand football stadiums rank supreme with you but others have lesser priorities-like education.

Cy-Fair ISD is average football.....thank the lord for suburbanization and growth/dense living on Highway 6 to fuel Cy-Falls.....I graduated high school in 1996 and followed high school football since I was young....When HISD ran the show along with Willowridge, I don't remember Cy-Fair ISD doing anything...Cy-Creek did get Yates in 1993 but that wasn't the Yates we grew up with....

To prove my point further, how is Strake Jesuit competing with a private school enrollment?

Eventually, with as weak as football is now, CFISD was bound to sneak in there one day...but that suburban Dallas ISD school (I know it's not DISD but mostly everyone comes from there) beat them like they didn't belong in the state finals.

Technically, the stadium was on national TV already...Prairie View and Alcorn State played there on ESPNU this past October and PV will have more games there from what I hear this year

Have fun with your new stadium for now. I just learned that Katy I.S.D. is building a new state-of-the-art stadium by Seven Lakes High School. Too bad I won't be able to play in it, but I'll watch games.

Guest danax

"Aside from the programs' success and rivalry, one of the main attractions will undoubtedly be Cy-Fair running back Sam McGuffie. The 5-11, 185-pound junior rushed for 3,121 yards and 43 touchdowns last season"

:blink: 3121 yards and 43 TDs? I don't follow high school football but those stats seem near incredible.

Ok, Trae. Will do.

Are all of the chairs in the Berry Center stadium style?

"Aside from the programs' success and rivalry, one of the main attractions will undoubtedly be Cy-Fair running back Sam McGuffie. The 5-11, 185-pound junior rushed for 3,121 yards and 43 touchdowns last season"

:blink: 3121 yards and 43 TDs? I don't follow high school football but those stats seem near incredible.

What the hell?!?

Edited by Trae

My sons go to Cy-Fair and yeah he's amazing to watch.

I agree! This will be a great opportunity to showcase the finest Highschool football stadium in the country! It is so fine my sister and her husband sold their house in Fairfield and have moved themselves and 4 girls into Houston so they could go to schools that concentrate their resources on education instead of football stadiums. I understand football stadiums rank supreme with you but others have lesser priorities-like education.

I've actually been thinking of moving also. I haven't lived in Midland for almost 20 years but I'm looking seriously at it. I think ALL the schools in the Houston area are about twice a big as they should be. I went to Midland Lee in the late 80's and I know what High School Football rivalry is like. (Think Friday Night Lights, I was there when that book was written.) I also think I knew just about everyone in the school. I don't think we quite had 400 students in each graduating class. I know in the schools here it is too easy to fall through the cracks and get lost in the crowd. So bring on the sports, these programs bring kids together, build spirit and a feeling of community of belonging to something bigger than yourself. When you have a winning football team the enthusiasm spills out to other areas. The school's other sports teams, competing band and orchestra programs and even the academics display winning attitudes. You take anyone and build their confidence to the point that they expect themselves to do well and you will get kids who push themselves to meet that expectation.

• The title was changed to Cy-Fair To Play On National TV Showdown