Murder In Olde Oaks?

I recently finished a true crime book by Kathryn Casey called Warrant to Kill. It chronicles the 1992 murder of an Olde Oaks resident by a Harris County deputy. I was shocked as I was reading this; my family has lived in Olde Oaks since 1989, only a couple of streets away from Amber Forest Drive where it happened, and we had no idea. I mentioned it to one of our neighbors who's lived here longer than we have and they weren't aware of it either. Does anyone recall this taking place? The book gave the impression that it was fairly publicized around Houston at the time.

I recently finished a true crime book by Kathryn Casey called Warrant to Kill. It chronicles the 1992 murder of an Olde Oaks resident by a Harris County deputy. I was shocked as I was reading this; my family has lived in Olde Oaks since 1989, only a couple of streets away from Amber Forest Drive where it happened, and we had no idea. I mentioned it to one of our neighbors who's lived here longer than we have and they weren't aware of it either. Does anyone recall this taking place? The book gave the impression that it was fairly publicized around Houston at the time.

My family moved to Olde Oaks in 1986 and my parents still live there. I vaguely remember something like this, but no details come to mind.

My relatives are in Olde Oaks as well. This story was also depicted on tv. Can't remember which show it was.

Few other murders in O.O. One right across the street from relatives several years ago. I don't think any of them had the notoriety the particular story you mentioned had though. There are still people in O.O. who remember it. Maybe they will post something.

• The title was changed to Murder In Olde Oaks?