Anyone know any good arcades? Video games? Aside from Dave and Busters, Jillians and Main Street event(which sucks.) Most mall arcades are craps, Almeda...Gulfgate had a Tilt(now gone.) Town Square had a ShockWave(now closed.)

Anyone know any good arcades? Video games? Aside from Dave and Busters, Jillians and Main Street event(which sucks.) Most mall arcades are craps, Almeda...Gulfgate had a Tilt(now gone.) Town Square had a ShockWave(now closed.)

the place over by MMP is fun. you pay a set amount and just play for hrs. i went to a party there and it was all old school games.

Foxmulder's question reminded me that I once found a site that listed the locations "classic" arcade-style video games around town (I thought I remembered a few references to local colleges' activity centers). I found it again - it's here - but it hasn't been added to or updated much since I last looked at it. If anything, the listings appear to have shrunk. Still, maybe someone will find it of interest.

HOme game consoles pretty much killed them.

You could go to Edwards Grand Palace.

The only thing worth playing is Dance Dance Revolution.

I'd pay a dollar to see you jumpin around like a monkey on that thing . Hilarious !

San Jacinto Mall still has the remnants of a once GREAT arcade called Yesterday's. If only I could have all the quarters back that I pumped into those machines.

Edited by TJones

For some strange reason "peep shows" in downtown always had an arcade. We kids would go in play the machines and always wonder why the scary old men would pass by mingle/pay the proprieter, then slip into the back booths?

See the irony? Would never fly these days. John Walsh or that dude from Dateline could hide out behind the curtains and bust all of these scary people. Guess the loud noise from all the pinballs, foozball & air hockey games muffled the moans & groans in the back? :ph34r::lol:

Edited by Vertigo58

<Visual of 58 putting his ear to the hole in the wall to see what all the commotion was>

Stars like Linda Lovelace & films like Last Tango In Paris were popular at the time.

Typical curiousity for a teen, what can I say! >:)

are u looking for old school arcades? typical aricades? or japanese arcades??

if u want something different there's a place called planet zero. they have a lot of the new games like on xbox360 ps2 and some classics like pac man.

just don't go on a day that a car meet is there cuz you'll have a hard time finding parking ;)

oh by the way here is the contact info for planet zero anime center

281-531-9376

12303 westheimer rd

houston, tx 77077

enjoy!

I'd pay a dollar to see you jumpin around like a monkey on that thing . Hilarious !

San Jacinto Mall still has the remnants of a once GREAT arcade called Yesterday's. If only I could have all the quarters back that I pumped into those machines.

It's addictive, as is Karaoke!

DDR and KR all the way!

Guest Marty
There is an arcade on 59 N before BW8. They also have a go-cart track.

That's called "The Grand Prix" they still have the old school video games.

One of my all time favs "Earthshaker"

It was so cool! Everytime you made a big score the whole thing would start to do a 4.5 on the Richter scale! It would rumble like a real tremor. I loved it. The whole thing was a mock up of Los Angeles & the frwy system. Pics of bldgs & frwys collapsing, is that morbid or what? Ironically the real thing happend in SFO the year this thing deputed 1989. Bizarro!

Good old days! :D

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt...l%3Den%26sa%3DN

eshk_indexpic.jpg

Edited by Vertigo58