La Madeleine In Katy

Hey guys have any of you seen the new building at The Grand Promenade shopping center at the intersection of the Grand and Colonial Parkways. There is this big box restaurant which is the most wanted by Katyites "La Madeleine"!!! I will post pictures of the project soon. If you have any site plans or anything to say please do so.

• Like 1

saw it the other day.......no idea what it actually is though. sorry

just did a google, it's a french cafe restaurant pizza place. Chain but I haven't heard of it before.

Oh well a change is as good as a rest. :blush:

Haven't lived in Houston long - eh? It's a well known chain around town. REALLY GOOD FOOD - great addition to Katy.

I like how JC Penny's is like the bastard child of the complex.

Just out in the middle of the parking lot away from the main center.

LOL That's probably by JCPenney's choice. They are building most of their new stores in the free-standing mode, rather than as part of shopping malls.

I have never been there. I am not opposed to it I just associate it as a place where my wife and her mother go eat. What do they do soups, sandwiches, and quiche? Whats good there?

yeah that type of stuff. breakfast items. it's ok to me, nothing special.

yeah that type of stuff. breakfast items. it's ok to me, nothing special.

I have to agree. It's not really all that, I've been a couple of times (not by choice) and found the food there quite ordinary.

Perhaps it's for people that want to SEEM as they're living a continental life.

For me, Le Peep was actually better.

• 3 weeks later...

JCPenney is way better than Macy's...........because JCPenney offers a frech alternative............and Macy's just offers stuff for old white rich women...........so basically you just can't compare the two...............but the two still offer a good variety for all ages....even thought they sometimes get their attention in one section of our social world

• 2 weeks later...
The Grand Promenade is starting to shape up quite nicely now.

Here are some site plans:

http://www.simon.com/mall/LeasingSheet/Grand1206.pdf

Grand1.png

Grand4.png

Grand2.png

Grand3.png

My wife and I drove by and wondered why La Madeline didn't come to La Centerra instead. It's opening would have an immediate business impact. I don't anything is out next to the JC Penney but a movie theater and open fields. I find it hard to believe that Phase 1 of the Grand Promenade will open in 1 year. I hope La Madeline can survive without the traffic builder of the mall for a long period of time. Just some thoughts about their location.

• The title was changed to La Madeleine In Katy