Any New TV Shows Being Set in Houston?

citykid09

• 4 weeks later...
Actually, the answer is yes.

"Big Medicine" on TLC

It's a surgery-theme show about gastric bypass and associated plastic surgeries (tummy tuck, etc.) It's shot at Methodist and around town. Apparently we're very proud of the trolley -- it's featured in most of the street scenes. Overall the show is just like everything else on TLC -- basically just paid informercials for an industry (home improvement, plastic surgery, clothes, etc....)

I stumbled across this show (Big Medicine) a couple of weeks ago, and it's really quite touching. The work that these doctors are doing is a matter of life and death to some of their patients, and significantly changes the quality of life for all of them. Some moments are a bit cheesy (the plastic surgeon offering to pierce a young woman's navel), but for the most part it's quite serious. <_<

And with our "Fattest City" reputation, this show will probably never run out of material. <_<

Umm...no. You do realize that whenever a Texan gets cast in a role in which it is made known that he/she is from Texas, they absolutely must put on a heavy accent and become the stereotyped charicature that folks outside of Texas think of us as, right? It is just a lame trick that producers put on to create an illusion of the exotic, which helps to build ratings.

The only decent show about Texans is animated, and that is King of the Hill. Insofar as it depicts a lifestyle within a town that I'd imagine is about the size of B/CS, Temple, or Waco, and is located in that broad area the culture that is portrayed usually remains reasonably recognizable. ...but even then, they are still charicatures. Such is the nature of the beast. Frankly, I could go any direction away from Houston and come across a different kind of redneck subculture, each with its own quirks. Go to west Texas or up in the panhandle and its like being in a whole different state as compared to our East/Central variety...but as far as entertainment media is concerned, its pretty much all the same thing.

That is so true. I was just chillin at the pool with some friends and a girl from Kansas was there. She said "I thought everyone down here would have accents like in Alabama". Hell no!

• 1 month later...
Here is a new reality show taped in Tyler, TX, about a bikini model turn anchorwoman. The Show is called Anchorwoman. http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,283880,00.html
I saw a commercial for this show yesterday, and I think that was a big background shoot of Downtown Houston and the girl standing in front.

The website shows Dallas in the background: http://fox.com/anchorwoman/

• 2 weeks later...
It looks like they filmed the pilot for the Rose family reality series:

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/5084819.html

I don't know anything about the young lady from "The Bachelor" but there are a lot of girls in each season, yes? Someone please provide a little update how this Houstonian broke from the pack and is up for her own reality show!?

Where in the world would this take place? Pool-parties in River Oaks? There are not exactly multitudes of hot clubs in this town.

Thanks.

kingkirbythegreatoftexas:

The model/anchorwoman reality show in Tyler was canceled after one episode.

Already? I didn't watch it, but a cancellation after one airing is never surprising for network TV.

If this show with the Roses gets picked up, it'll proably air on cable, I would assume.

Already? I didn't watch it, but a cancellation after one airing is never surprising for network TV.

If this show with the Roses gets picked up, it'll proably air on cable, I would assume.

You can still catch it on the FOX website.

I recently saw a Family Guy episode set in Texas, where the Griffin family flee to texas. it appears to be set in either a Dallas or a Houston suburb. It accurately reflects the architecture of Texas suburbs, but not the culture.

It was interesting though.

• 6 months later...

Archived