My First Pictures

We ate at the original Ninfa's while driving around discovering neighborhoods about 3 Sundays ago and found this house off Navigation down the road a few blocks from Ninfa's while going south.

april2007032-1.jpg

We ate at the original Ninfa's while driving around discovering neighborhoods about 3 Sundays ago and found this house off Navigation down the road a few blocks from Ninfa's while going south.

Did you get the address? I see the numbers 21 & 19 on the mailbox. Is that 2119 Navigation?

Edited by roym

The place looks like some kind of former compound, probably a church.

Compound sounds Jim Jones or Kuresh-like. :lol: The house on the right seems more interesting I think. The area is littered with many of these early homes that are miraculously still in original condition.

Must save them!

Did you get the address? I see the numbers 21 & 19 on the mailbox. Is that 2119 Navigation?

The house was off of Navigation. We left Ninfa's and it was on the left we drove on the street (maybe 1 street east) and took the picture.. then drove down this street a block or so before we got back no Navigation.

The street name is Engelke. The number must be 2719. Nothing exists for 2119. Here's the owner listed on HCAD at that address...

JESUCRISTO TODO PODEROSO IGLESIA DE DIOS PENTECOST

The street name is Engelke. The number must be 2719. Nothing exists for 2119. Here's the owner listed on HCAD at that address...

Looks to me like somebody had a lot of blue paint they needed to get rid of and they didn't want to just throw it away.

Translation is:

JESUS CHRIST ALL POWERFUL CHURCH OF GOD PENTECOST

I'm thinking Church

april2007032-1.jpg

Back around 1978/79 I lived a few houses down from that building. It was a church then. It was not blue like it is now, it was white. I can't remember what denomination the church was then. Hope this helps.

From the Houston Architectural Guide:

14410 Minetta Street

(1934) F.McM. Sawyer

Roy B. Nichols, then postmaster of Houston, developed this subdivision, Main Street Gardens, 12 miles outside Houston on the Main Street highway. Nichols had Sawyer design for him this diminutive, picturesque Mediterranean style house, which is built of reinforced concrete block.

Wow. Thanks! There's lost of pretty dang old stuff around there. Another area we drove thru was Main Street (feeder) and some of those streets to the right past Hillcroft

• The title was changed to My First Pictures