Pronounciation of Goode, As In Goode Co. BBQ

Pronounciation of Goode, as in Goode Co BBQ

I bought everyone in my office BBQ from Goode Co BBQ on i 10 last friday.

I brought the huge bag of bbq into the office and someone said, GOOD_E BBQ ! Yeaaah!

I always thought that it was pronounced with the E silent, ie, GOOD co bbq.

Is it

Good Co ?

or

Good_E Co ?

Oh yeah, I was going on about it in the office how pretentious the spelling was, like "shoppe" and "grille", and then one of my officemates tells me it's the way the guy's name is spelt.... oops... (I must have parsed it as "Goode Company", as in "Keeping you good company" lol)

I agree - "good company."

That said, I went to high school with a guy with that last name, and his family pronouned it like gouda cheese (without the a).

I just saw a show on the food network about BBQ places around the country, and they pronounced it this way (gooood). It sounded weird and really bothered me every time the host said it. I assumed it was because she wasn't from around here.

• 2 months later...
goode is pronounced "good"..jim goode the founder is an old friend of mine

Doesn't matter if he's your old friend or new enemy; doesn't change the pronuciation rules in English.

Goode is prounounced as 'good' in the English language. Too many Americans are making up the rules as they go, especially in Houston, when it comes to English.

Example:

Sherron is pronounced "Share-un" with the accent over the first syllable. It's not pronounced "sure-ron" like the insipedly poor speaking Sherron Melton says each and everyday day since Minverva Perez left her post on Channel 13 News in the mornings.

But then, poor Minerva rolled her 'r's, not something that's even possible when speaking English.

Example:

Sherron is pronounced "Share-un" with the accent over the first syllable. It's not pronounced "sure-ron" like the insipedly poor speaking Sherron Melton says each and everyday day since Minverva Perez left her post on Channel 13 News in the mornings.

But then, poor Minerva rolled her 'r's, not something that's even possible when speaking English.

:D i'll have to stand up for Minerva. she spoke spanish properly.

Doesn't matter if he's your old friend or new enemy; doesn't change the pronuciation rules in English.

Goode is prounounced as 'good' in the English language. Too many Americans are making up the rules as they go, especially in Houston, when it comes to English.

Example:

I'd suggest we leave it up to each person to tell us how their name is pronounced.

• The title was changed to Pronounciation of Goode, As In Goode Co. BBQ