Sears Catalog Houses

Heights2Bastrop

I couldn't help but notice the "Honor-Bilt" graphic in that old Sears ad. I know that I've run across that label several times while salvaging old houses in Houston. Does anyone know if Honor-Bilt was a subsidiary of Sears, or a separate company? I wonder if some of those old houses were catalog houses...

Also, I am redoing a 1920s farmhouse in Fayette County. I think part of it is a cataog house (it has been added on to several times). Are there any clues that I should look for to determine this?

I couldn't help but notice the "Honor-Bilt" graphic in that old Sears ad. I know that I've run across that label several times while salvaging old houses in Houston. Does anyone know if Honor-Bilt was a subsidiary of Sears, or a separate company? I wonder if some of those old houses were catalog houses...

looks like it was their best houses:

The process of designing your Sears house began as soon as the Modern Homes catalog arrived at your doorstep. Over time, Modern Homes catalogs came to advertise three lines of homes, aimed for customers

• 5 years later...
  • The title was changed to Sears Catalog Houses

Archived