Loft Comparison

So I'm thinking about taking the plunge and buying downtown.

I was hoping for feedback on three different loft buildings

Keystone

Bayou

Capitol

There seem to be a lot of units in all three buildings for sale, which worries me a little. I'd appreciate anyone who is living/has lived in these buildings with knowledge of quality of building and construction, culture/community of homeowners, relative value and any other pros/cons for living there.

Thanks in advance

So I'm thinking about taking the plunge and buying downtown.

I was hoping for feedback on three different loft buildings

Keystone

Bayou

Capitol

There seem to be a lot of units in all three buildings for sale, which worries me a little. I'd appreciate anyone who is living/has lived in these buildings with knowledge of quality of building and construction, culture/community of homeowners, relative value and any other pros/cons for living there.

Thanks in advance

i personally don't think the views from the capital lofts have that "wow" appeal.

I looked at all 3 two years ago. My rank order would be as follows,

1) The Keystone

2) The Bayou Lofts

3) Capitol

The Keystone was my favorite. The upper units can have great views towards Minute Maid Field and they will never be obstructed unless some developer decides that Christ Church Cathedral would have a better site use as a strip mall. I also liked being close to everything but not right in the middle of everything. That was my biggest complaint about the Capitol. Visit there on a nice-weather weekend. It's loud. I was 33 at the time and that didn't appeal to me. I like that the Bayou Lofts has ground floor retail and the roof deck offers great views. The pool is kinda lame up there but it's better than nothing. I also liked that some units had private outdoor spaces.

Another one that I think is worth looking at is the Franklin. Those units have had a hard time selling but I think that's because they came on the market way overpriced. There might be better deals now?

My overall favorite, though not a loft building, was Commerce Towers. Very high quality.

• 2 weeks later...

The brother of a friend moved out from the Capitol Lofts because of the noise and proximity to the bars. At Bayou Lofts it depends. Some friends loved it, but someone else I knew was too close to the bar and hated the smells and noise. They did have good concierge service though.

A friend of mine lives in Keystone. Quieter than most, across from Christ Church Cathedral (peaceful and green), across from the federal detention center (quiet on the outside, lots of security!), close enough to the clubs/bars/restaurants, while not in the middle of it.

Archived