Blacks, Hispanics fare worse in traffic stops

musicman

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...perhaps moonman's son got a ticket because he wasn't wearing his seatbelt in his shiny new convertible? Should have bought a coupe with tinted windows, so the officer couldn't see him breaking the law for half a mile.

Right place, wrong time Moonman. You gotta know where the 5.0 is at all times.

Everyone is assuming here. In this over PC society, it is getting harder and harder to know who is a racist or bigot. Not like any bigot or racist in positions of power is going to say I am denying your application or giving you a ticket or firing you because you are ________(fill in any race, gender). They will always find something legitimate, they will just be stricter with the ones they don't like and it will be hard to detect.

Likewise, not every one who feels they are being discriminated are right, even though they can feel it. Its getting hard trying to catch this and know which is which because ppl are so PC nowadays. PCness just mask the symptoms. They don't stop racism or bigtoty.

And even if you do catch it, it will be hard to prove, and some ppl will just label your case victim mentality.

Maybe in Alabama will you still get ppl with balls to tell you in the face how they really feel about your color or gender or religion.

Could it be because he's breaking the law?

Driving 2500ft from one store to another in the same strip center parking lot is a strong enough offense to warrant a ticket? Surely you cant be that mad?!?!?!

Jeebus, your entire rant in post #51 is nothing short of nonsensical.

Coog, my oldest is 19.

BTW, the ticket was dismissed!

Jeebus, your entire rant in post #51 is nothing short of nonsensical.

Maybe, but definately no more so than probably at least half the stories your kids will tell you when they are teenagers. I guess you're too old to remember being one?

Maybe, but definately no more so than probably at least half the stories your kids will tell you when they are teenagers. I guess you're too old to remember being one?

Let me let you in on a little secret so you can stop making silly assumptions.......

I raised 2 STRONG young leaders, not followers. My boys do not come to me with trivial BS because they somehow have it in thier heads that my methods of handling problems are sometimes extreme :lol:

When they bring things to my attention, its usually something they cannot handle or something that needs my involvement, and that doesnt occur often. I dont know your life and how you grew up but i know mine and that of my boys. ;) My rearing and that of my brother was in line with the way i raised my boys. ;) We had a Strong father that didnt tolerate verbal garbage, just as i dont. Theres no room to maneuver in trying to feed me a bunch of BS and they are very much aware of that, i assure you ;)

• 3 months later...
i think you're missing the point of the article. it says that whether you were black/hispanic/white you were equally likely to be pulled over. that's good. But once you were pulled over blacks/hispanics were more likely to be searched and arrested. that's bad.

It's not bad. You're assuming that they're innocent. Why are they being pulled over? Why are they being searched? You're assuming it's the color of their skin.

It has nothing to do with the color of their skin at all but has everything to do about their behavior. Couldn't it be that Blacks and Hispanics actually comitting a disproportionately more crimes than Whites/Asians/Others? :rolleyes: That's what the FBI statistics show, year after year. Perhaps those getting the attention of the police deserve the attention. Perhaps excusing bad behavior and yelling "racist" should stop.

For cryin' out loud, hasn't the whites-are-a-bunch-of-racists card been overplayed yet? It's time for America to become color-blind: enough of affirmative action, enough Al Sharpon-like attacks against Whites/Asians/Others, and enough of the knee-jerk acceptance that Blacks (and now Hispanics) are victims. They're not.

Newsflash: There are no slaves in America. There are no slaveholders. You are responsible for your own life. Do the right thing and the police won't pull you over.

We have a concept in the United States justice system that states "innocent until proven guilty." Guilt must be proven. Innocence is presumed unless guilt can be proven.

It's not bad. You're assuming that they're innocent.

Guest Marty

I get pulled over in my old neighborhood often when I take a little tour down memory lane. They always think I am buying dope. A white dude stands out pretty good in the Fulton @ Berry area :lol:

We have a concept in the United States justice system that states "innocent until proven guilty." Guilt must be proven. Innocence is presumed unless guilt can be proven.

Good point Vic, but it's not for this argument.

Police don't have to prove you're guility, they only need 'reasonable suspicion' to make a stop; 'probable cause' isn't even needed until they want to make an arrest.

Minorities getting pulled over by cops is not about race, (those poor babies, if only their skin were some other color then it'd be okay to speed or dirve erratically, right?), it's about their behavior.

Behave better = have less run-ins with the poe-poe.

Archived