Comedians

TJones

Snarky - Dane Cook (whom I find to be a total douche) uses it almost exclusively.

[tangent] I can not stand people who find Dane Cook funny. He lacks wit, he steals jokes, and he depends on spastic movements & loud noises to deliver his pathetic material.[/tangent]

WOW ! And I thought I was the only one that noticed.

[tangent] I can not stand people who find Dane Cook funny. He lacks wit, he steals jokes, and he depends on spastic movements & loud noises to deliver his pathetic material.[/tangent]

Kind of like Will Farrell. He's not funny 90% of the time. I don't see how people think he's funny. Although I did like Elf.

Kind of like Will Farrell. He's not funny 90% of the time. I don't see how people think he's funny. Although I did like Elf.

BLASPHEMER ! Will Ferrell is a comedy GENIOUS. Granted he is NOT a stand-up AT ALL. He just knows how to deliver the visual joke. His comedy is completely different from Dane's.

Larry the Cable Guy, funny as hell on stage, but try to get him on the silverscreen, and you got a "straight to video" feature.

BLASPHEMER ! Will Ferrell is a comedy GENIOUS. Granted he is NOT a stand-up AT ALL. He just knows how to deliver the visual joke. His comedy is completely different from Dane's.

Larry the Cable Guy, funny as hell on stage, but try to get him on the silverscreen, and you got a "straight to video" feature.

Does Will Ferrell actually do original material as a stand-up comedian? I don't recall having ever seen him in that role; he's really more of a comedy actor.

And just so as to keep it on topic, the first name "Dane" annoys me.

Does Will Ferrell actually do original material as a stand-up comedian? I don't recall having ever seen him in that role; he's really more of a comedy actor.

And just so as to keep it on topic, the first name "Dane" annoys me.

He's not standup. He just fit the same description Jeebus gave for Cook. Anyone can be loud and irrelevant.

...or Coochie, Cooch, or any other variations on the word.

The difference, though, is that he's in roles that are intentionally meant to be loud and irrelevant. Dane Cook doesn't seem to mean to be irrelevant, he just is, as if by accident.

Nothing wrong with the word "Coochie", thank you Charro !

Dane is more IRREVERENT than irrelevent. He can't even write his own material for cryin out loud, steals from his fellow comedians, how disrespectful is that ?

Edited by TJones

Better yet, extremely Repulsive, Ugly and NOT FUNNY...

#1 George Lopez

next runner up

#2 Adam Sandler

both human hemorrhoids

I disagree about Lopez, I have been watching him since the 80's. He does an excellent Rodney Dangerfield. And, if you can understand him when he starts doing his Spanglish on stage, he is a riot.

Sandler has made some good movies, don't like his stand-up, but a solid comedic actor. His little tight-knit group of comedy acting buddies gets a little played after awhile after you keep seeing them in ALL of his movies, or any movie that Adam has a hand in. But, Adam is like that, he knows his buddies need work, so why not throw them the bones.

One of my all-time favorite comedians is Brian Reagan. It is hard to get me to actually laugh out loud, and he does it everytime.

Jim Carrey is also one of the best stand-ups I have ever seen. I am also glad to see Andrew Dice Clay make a comeback.

I disagree about Lopez, I have been watching him since the 80's. He does an excellent Rodney Dangerfield. And, if you can understand him when he starts doing his Spanglish on stage, he is a riot.

I agree about Lopez. I don't like his acting on his TV show, but his HBO specials are hilarious. I also have been enjoying watching on HBO on demand the stand up of Cedric the Entertainer, Wanda Sykes and some old ones like Chris Rock and Dana Carvey.

1. David Chapell is a riot.

I have only seen him a few times but talk about no "holds barred comedy", its relentless!

2. Ben Stiller was wayyyyyy funnier when he had his TV show in the 80's was it? The skits were pure genius. I urge you to get DVDs & be sure to wear adult diapers when viewing. :lol:

Dave Chappelle, is one of THE best, finally got the recognition he deserved, but he couldn't handle the spotlight. too much light on him, may open him up to being caught with his WEED ! That would be bad for Dave.

Dave Atell, is also one of my alltime favorites. one of his jokes is actually my favorite. He says, " They say Drinking and Driving is WRONG! And, those people are the Cops..................but dammit, those kids have to get to school on time in the morning." That is GOLD !

Speaking of comedians, apparently someone over at Google Maps, fancies himself a comedian also. Try this link, and Go to "Get Directions", and type in New York, New York to Paris, France and then Check out the directions portion and read line 23: on this link.

http://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF-8&o...p;tab=wl&q=

Edited by TJones

The most unfunny person on the planet is Carlos Mencia.

"Only one person in a million would find him funny."

"Yes, we call that the Dennis Miller ratio."

1. Ellen Degenerate is only funny when she's being parodied on Mad TV.

2. Jerry Seinfeld reruns still break me up no matter how often I've seen them.

The casting was prefect. George Costanza's mom & dad floor me every time they go at each other, pure madness. :lol:

The most unfunny person on the planet is Carlos Mencia.

"Only one person in a million would find him funny."

"Yes, we call that the Dennis Miller ratio."

Who are you "quoting" here ?

Dennis Miller is the thinking man's comic, because you have to translate or 'Google' all the punchlines if you don't understand the jokes. Hark, me thinks doth protests to much for thee chastizes Miller because he be ith Republican tho ?

I happened to catch Dennis on HBO last night, funny stuff about what went on in 2005.

I agree about Carlos Mencia though. I just think he ran out of material, and plays waaaaaaaaaayyyyyy too much on his "Do-Dah-Doooooooo!" thing. I don't know what happen with him?

Edited by TJones

1. Ellen Degenerate is only funny when she's being parodied on Mad TV.

I love her AMEX ads, she has a dry humor about her.

It is both the tone, the delivery, and her expression that make her humorous.

If you have seen Finding Nemo, she was the star in the movie.

Without her being Dory, it would not have worked.

Ellen is a comic genius.

Dave Chapelle is hysterical... His DVD's not the show are great. Also Bill Cosby has some pretty funny dvd's

Dave Chappelle's Block Party was okay.

Rachelle Dratch of former SNL fame, goofy and funny.

Still love that Debbie Downer skit where they all got out of character and busted out laughing.

Someone mentioned Rosie was NOT a stand-up, well, she actually was a stand-up for a very long time, then started hangin with madonna, and got a couple of movies. She is not funny at all as a stand-up, but she plays an excellent "FatChick" bestfriend sidekick. Seems to be her bread and butter. She is not funny, I think she does GREAT charity work, but she is NOT funny.

Kathy Griffith, now SHE is funny ! Probably the only woman STAND-UP comic that I have EVER found to be funny. There have been some funny comedic actresses, Lucile Ball, Julia Louise Dreyfuss, yadda yadda yadda. But Kathy can hang with ALL the big boys up on stage.

Who are you "quoting" here ?

Dennis Miller is the thinking man's comic, because you have to translate or 'Google' all the punchlines if you don't understand the jokes. Hark, me thinks doth protests to much for thee chastizes Miller because he be ith Republican tho ?

I happened to catch Dennis on HBO last night, funny stuff about what went on in 2005.

I agree about Carlos Mencia though. I just think he ran out of material, and plays waaaaaaaaaayyyyyy too much on his "Do-Dah-Doooooooo!" thing. I don't know what happen with him?

I didn't know dennis miller is republican. why would one judge how funny a comedian is by how they vote. Seems you are the only one doing it and trying to pass it off to someone else.

Among those represented here, I think the two daves are the best imo.

Edited by webdude

Gallagher is my favorite :lol::lol:B)

So, YOU'RE the one who bought his CD last year ?

I didn't know dennis miller is republican. why would one judge how funny a comedian is by how they vote. Seems you are the only one doing it and trying to pass it off to someone else.

:lol::lol::lol: , WHAT ? :huh::wacko:

Guest Marty

So, YOU'RE the one who bought his CD last year ?

Yes that is true but i bought more Weird Al Yankovic music than anybody can imagine. I sent his kids to collage for crying out loud and yes I am white and dirty :P