Your family's classic car/s

Vertigo58

amc_6201-1.jpg

1962 Rambler Classic Six sedan. White roof over pink. Pushbutton automatic transmission, reclining "Nash" seats. Restored by my parents for me in high school, finally sold in about 1984.

1967_Pontiac_Executive_--_D2K_Entry.jpg

1967 Pontiac Executive. A replacement for the Rambler in the mid-70's. Lovely car, rode and drove very well. Replaced by my parents in the early '80s after high water soaked the carpet. They wanted a higher car and bought a 1977 Blazer.

250px-1955_Ford_F-100_front.jpg

1955 Ford pickup. Ours was aqua and rusty, but I was sad to see it go. We replaced it with:

wh-chevy-pickup2.jpg

1968 Chevy pickup. Ours was two-tone tan and white with CST trim. Very nice truck and one of the first with factory air. This was the vehicle I actually learned to drive in.

After these there was a succession of late 70s -- early 80s Chevrolet pickups, Blazers, and Suburbans. No need for pictures of those.

marmer

• 2 months later...

TJones, I remember you having a classic Olds Cutlass. Here's a 1967 Cutlass about to be auctioned off at Sterling McCall's Old Car Museum in Warrenton, just south of Brenham, on June 23. Take a look at some more of his cars that will be up for auction at this site. All you classic car lovers... If you haven't been out to McCall's museum, you better make the trip there before too many of his cars are gone. It's well worth the trip. He has one of the best collections I've seen. He also has a lot of old Houston pictures and memorabilia on display there.

TJones, I remember you having a classic Olds Cutlass. Here's a 1967 Cutlass about to be auctioned off at Sterling McCall's Old Car Museum in Warrenton, just south of Brenham, on June 23. Take a look at some more of his cars that will be up for auction at this site. All you classic car lovers... If you haven't been out to McCall's museum, you better make the trip there before too many of his cars are gone. It's well worth the trip. He has one of the best collections I've seen. He also has a lot of old Houston pictures and memorabilia on display there.

Thanks for the info. I got to check the place out. There's a good car museum in Rosankey Texas.

i thought this was cool:

Sort its own museum...it was unearthed today

Hundreds watched Friday as a crane lifted a muddy package from a hole in the courthouse lawn: a 1957 Plymouth Belvedere buried to celebrate Oklahoma's 50 years of statehood.
Thursday afternoon, legendary hot rod builder Boyd Coddington inspected the vault and what he was able to see of the car with his crew.

The task will fall to Coddington, host of the TV series American Hot Rod on The Learning Channel, to try to start the thing up at a ceremony Friday evening. Tens of thousands of tickets were sold for the event.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/nation/...dbelvedere.html

http://www.buriedcar.com/

Can never have too many old car museums. Years ago there was one on the North Loop with a lot of Packards. Is that one still in Hempstead?

Lawrence Marshall's museum on 290 just west of Hempstead is no longer there.

Guest danax
68impala.gif

Now that is a scary-looking car! :o

Funny you should say that. My brother had a '65 and I hit him head on one day while on my dirt bike. I was leaving my parent's house and he was arriving, and we met at the apex of the circle drive to the back, which was fenced so we couldn't see each other. Anyway, I flew into the bushes and that front end just about took my leg off below the knee. Down to the bone it cut and I had to go to the ER and get way over 100 stitches, one layer of skin at a time.

A 1964 Buick Electra 225 belonged to my grandmother for years. In 1986, it was given to my step-sister. She hated it so my dad put it in storage. Later, when he and my stepmom divorced, he gave it to her. In 1994, I purchased it from my stepmom. She's a beauty and she drives really well. I don't drive too often here, but when I do, I ride in a style almost identical to this one...

3a00_4.JPG

A 1964 Buick Electra 225 belonged to my grandmother for years. In 1986, it was given to my step-sister. She hated it so my dad put it in storage. Later, when he and my stepmom divorced, he gave it to her. In 1994, I purchased it from my stepmom. She's a beauty and she drives really well. I don't drive too often here, but when I do, I ride in a style almost identical to this one...

3a00_4.JPG

The first time I had sex was on the trunk lid of a black 64 225 at Candlelight Park. I won't reveal the details but sex in an American car in the 60's...babe-o babe-o :D

My most favorite car was a 67' Pontiac Tempest-the first car I ever drove. Unfortunatly it was also the most dangerous. In the summers I worked at the zoo when I was in junior high school. One day when my dad picked me up we were coming home and passing through the intersection of 610 and Ella, a woman blew through the intersection and t-boned us. I slid across the front bench seat and my left arm was impaled by the stick shift. Through the arm; into my chest and back out in an instant. A guy that lived next door to us was right behind us and stopped. He drove me over to NW Memorial ER in his new VW all the while warning me not to bleed on the upholstery. His car was about the ugliest VW ever made-all drab gray fast-back kind of thing. I never liked the guy but I really did try not to bleed in the ugliest car ever built. I was a complete failure having passed out between the N. side of 610 and Ella and the ER at the S. side of 610 and Ella. I survived. His parents threatned to sue for the damage my blood caused to the front passenge seat but my dad was happy to take care of it just to get the butt-wipes off his ass. Ironicly the guy died in the same VW two years later driving drunk through the intersection of 610 and Richmond.

Hi everyone... have not been on for a while.. but how nice to take a visit down memory lane..

In early 60's when we moved to Houston.. (I was not even 2 years old) I barely remember a black and white Ford (We were a FORD family) that we had a wreck in.. I remember red interior... I was loose in the back seat... not a scatch on me..

Then we got a Ford Stationwagon... Nothing fancy (no wood paneling on the sides). I remember we were always breaking down on side of the road. I'm sure it was a used car, as we could not afford anything new. We had this for about 10 years... towards the end.. my dad rebuilt the motor...and was so clever that he painted the various parts different colors..and even "autographed" some parts. It was fun to go to the service station and when they "checked under the hood" (boy those days are gone)... we would wait for the look on their face when they saw that engine. Some parts were painted dark green, and others were bright orange.. Why we never took a picture is beyond me.

Then in 1972 we bought our first NEW car.. Ford LTD... Olive Green... and the headlights had the panel that dropped down when not on. It was a two door which was a pain in the you know where... but we thought we wer hot you-know-what. This is the car that I learned to drive in. My mom drove this car until 1982.. which by that time it looked like a destruction derby car.

What memories!

Can never have too many old car museums. Years ago there was one on the North Loop with a lot of Packards. Is that one still in Hempstead?

Unfortunately, Jerry J. Moore's museum on the North Loop is also long gone. I hope Sterling McCall isn't going to close down. That's a great museum, as is the Central Texas Museum of Automotive History in Rosanky.