Story Of The Inter-Terminal Train At IAH

There are eight trains, with three cars each, still rolling on two miles of track, deep underneath the passenger terminals of George Bush Intercontinental Airport, (IAH).

Back in 1981, Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck and the Mayor of Houston were all there when a company run by the Walt Disney group drove their pioneering new train onto the tracks at Bush Airport for the first time. At that time, it was a $14.5 million dollar system, running on impressive state-of-the-art technology..........The system at Bush Airport was such a reliable fixture that it was featured in the movie Side Kicks, starring local celebrity Chuck Norris.

full story here..... http://fly2houston.com/0/178336/0/1906D1934/

Interesting article, but i think its time for that system to be laid to rest. Shes old and it shows ;)

The system at Bush Airport was such a reliable fixture that it was featured in the movie Side Kicks, starring local celebrity Chuck Norris

One night shortly after that movie was filmed me and Chuck Norris were looking for a good bar near the airport to hang out at, but couldn't find one. Finally Mr. Norris drove into a vacant lot, parked the car, and said, "Here we are." Sure enough, a year and a half later, somebody built a bar around us. Well the day it opened, me and Chuck each ordered a shot, drank it, and then burned the place to the ground. As I walked away, I could hear Chuck's voice hollering through the flames, "Always leave things the way you found 'em!"

One night shortly after that movie was filmed me and Chuck Norris were looking for a good bar near the airport to hang out at, but couldn't find one. Finally Mr. Norris drove into a vacant lot, parked the car, and said, "Here we are." Sure enough, a year and a half later, somebody built a bar around us. Well the day it opened, me and Chuck each ordered a shot, drank it, and then burned the place to the ground. As I walked away, I could hear Chuck's voice hollering through the flames, "Always leave things the way you found 'em!"

AAAAAAHHHHHH! ! ! Goodtimes man..........................Goodtimes.

It works fine. What's the problem?

It works fine if you are into being suddenly jarred from one side to the other. The quick and sudden curves are stupid. A world class facility like IAH needs a world class people mover. Not that sham of an antiquated tram system which is a neck injury waiting to happen :lol::lol:

Chuck Norris's tears can cure cancer. Too bad Chuck Norris has never cried.

We once threw a bachelor party for Chuck. He ate the entire cake before we could tell him there was a stripper in it.

Chuck Norris hates Mexicans! And he's half-Mexican! And he loves irony!

If you drop a phonograph needle on Chuck Norris's nipple, it plays The Beatles' Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band.

Chuck Norris's tears can cure cancer. Too bad Chuck Norris has never cried.

We once threw a bachelor party for Chuck. He ate the entire cake before we could tell him there was a stripper in it.

Chuck Norris hates Mexicans! And he's half-Mexican! And he loves irony!

If you drop a phonograph needle on Chuck Norris's nipple, it plays The Beatles' Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band.

Those last two are pretty stupid. If you're going to hijacking a thread at least make it worth while.

it's slow and bumpy.

funny last time i rode it, i commented that i felt like i was at disneyland. didn't know they were ever involved.

..........and that is how Disney will slowly take over the world as an ECONOMIC EMPIRE ! I don't know, that Tram works in a pinch. I remember being very thankful that it was there when I came back from Hawaii. I was dog-tired and didn't feel like walking. Thank You Mickey Mouse.

H-Town, the third joke in the above thread works better if you say it like this:

Chuck Norris loves irony, but hates Mexicans, and he's half Mexican !

or

Chuck is half-Mexican, and Chuck hates mexicans, but loves irony !

Just a little tip from your Uncle TJ.

btw...... You can use this one for your Chuck-O-Blog:

When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he isn’t lifting himself up, he’s pushing the Earth down.

or

When the Boogeyman goes to sleep, he checks his closet for Chuck Norris.

Yeah, I watch Conan every now and again.

Back on topic from the thead hijacking, under IAH's proposed development plan I believe the people movers would be removed. The airport itself would end up being configured almost identically to Atlanta Hartfield, with a central rail line servicing numerous terminals branching off at right angles.

Back on topic from the thead hijacking, under IAH's proposed development plan I believe the people movers would be removed. The airport itself would end up being configured almost identically to Atlanta Hartfield, with a central rail line servicing numerous terminals branching off at right angles.

Yes you are correct. The airport in DIA is configured the same way. The current set up at IAH takes way too long to transfer from A to D :(

btw...... You can use this one for your Chuck-O-Blog:

When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he isn’t lifting himself up, he’s pushing the Earth down.

or

When the Boogeyman goes to sleep, he checks his closet for Chuck Norris.

Chuck Norris...like T-bone Norris, but tougher.

• The title was changed to Story Of The Inter-Terminal Train At IAH

Archived