Harrisburg Blvd.

Guest danax

Stephen's Drive-in was serving hamburgers as recently as l997. I went there a few times in the mid to late 90's and was served by a competent senior citizen car hop who may have been there since the Prince's days. The food wasn't as good as I remember Prince's to have been (we always went to the one by Sears, across from the Delman Theater), but it was a great nostalgia experience.

I still remember what that car hop looked like. She reminded me of a Calamity Jane kind of girl. Tough and fast with your orders. She always wore a pant car hop outfit as if it were still 1955. Cool.

Man do I miss those Fish & Shrimp Baskets! The juke box by the entrance always stands out for me too. Still had old Hank William's & Patsy Cline songs! Talk about going back in time. :)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
sometimes you don't know. HCC just bought 1/2 block of houses to expand their empire by gulfgate and one was just remodeled in the last yr or so quite nicely.

Empire is correct... :lol: . This is a double-edged sword for me. I'm an HCC student, and I am also a promoter of leaving neighborhoods in their original (restored, if necessary, with integrity) condition. Is the church still there? I know it shut down/sold some time ago. Imminent domain comes to mind.

Empire is correct... :lol: . This is a double-edged sword for me. I'm an HCC student, and I am also a promoter of leaving neighborhoods in their original (restored, if necessary, with integrity) condition. Is the church still there? I know it shut down/sold some time ago. Imminent domain comes to mind.

no that was torn down either earlier this yr or late last yr. the entire block is now hcc property. eminent domain at its finest.

Archived