Even Billboards Delight

We even get happy when a new neat billboard goes up in our area!

In this case, the billboard that looks really great especially for fellow Parrothead's is the

Jimmy Buffet Tour billboard at Wayside and 45 South Freeway. We haven't seen anything this cool since the George Strait billboard at Telephone Road & 45 South intersection a few months ago! Not sure who the witty person or advertising group is that placed them there but keep up the good work! This has really delighted the neighborhood. It honestly gives the whole area a whole new perspective. Love it!

Edited by Vertigo58

Thanks for alerting me on this Vertigo, I need to get out there and take a pic!!

Ironically enough, it's directly in front of Forest Lawn Cemetary facing 45 around Wayside depends which direction your coming from but you just have to be your mark I guess. Better be quick you know how fast they change. Brings alot of cheer to long time residents like me and my neighbors I guess. Reminds us of the more fun times.

Now you got me thinking of Cheesburger In Paradise! :D

Guest danax
Ironically enough, it's directly in front of Forest Lawn Cemetary facing 45 around Wayside depends which direction your coming from but you just have to be your mark I guess. Better be quick you know how fast they change. Brings alot of cheer to long time residents like me and my neighbors I guess. Reminds us of the more fun times.

Now you got me thinking of Cheesburger In Paradise! :D

If you're taking this as a sign of a gentrification breakthrough, I'd guess that it was aimed at the commuters from the south and not the inner-loop SE demographic. Parrotheads on the East End would be a microscopic percentage.

We do have real parrots in Mason Park sometimes though... :)

If you're taking this as a sign of a gentrification breakthrough, I'd guess that it was aimed at the commuters from the south and not the inner-loop SE demographic. Parrotheads on the East End would be a microscopic percentage.

We do have real parrots in Mason Park sometimes though... :)

Well if there are parrots in central park......they DO have heads.... so there you go!

Update:

Our excitement was short lived. I just noticed the (J.Buffet) billboard has changed.

On a seperate note: What is funny is sometimes when I am listening to classical music or a Henry Mancini cd, I wonder if I am the only person within a 25 mile radius doing the same. Kind of like being on a deserted island :( My friends have to laugh and almost agree, but I am sure the people over in Idlywood & Country Club Place may be feeling the same. It used to be almost every other home here had a boat, motorcycle or scooter in the drive way. This of course was when there were hardly any fences seen around here. On ocassion my cousin drives up with his surfboard on top of his vehicle and we get stares like we are insane. Gotta love it!

On a seperate note: What is funny is sometimes when I am listening to classical music or a Henry Mancini cd, I wonder if I am the only person within a 25 mile radius doing the same. Kind of like being on a deserted island :(

i'm listening to beethoven sonatas currently...so you can wonder no more. i'll probably be listening to something arranged by nelson riddle later :)

Edited by musicman

i'm listening to beethoven sonatas currently...so you can wonder no more. i'll probably be listening to something arranged by nelson riddle later :)

And there's me, with the Saturday Met Opera broadcast or whatever is on KUHF-FM during the week, pouring through the open windows of my pickup truck as I run errands in the neighborhood!

And there's me, with the Saturday Met Opera broadcast or whatever is on KUHF-FM during the week, pouring through the open windows of my pickup truck as I run errands in the neighborhood!

Its even nice to hear rock n roll and even country as cars zoom past my house! and we really miss the live rock bands that used to play over by The Lawndale Art Annex some years ago. Mostly college crowd but who cared?

Its even nice to hear rock n roll and even country as cars zoom past my house! and we really miss the live rock bands that used to play over by The Lawndale Art Annex some years ago. Mostly college crowd but who cared?

I can relate to that.

• The title was changed to Even Billboards Delight