New User Rank

editor

By now those of you who care about these things have noticed that KLDE Tower is the highest user rank on HAIF.

Well, not anymore.

I've added a new one: "Partisan." Yes, it sounds strange. I took it from part of an article in the Lincoln, Nebraska Journal Star which reads:

www.houstonarchitecture.info, a site run by a group of Houston partisans who seem to know everything that’s going on in the area, has informative discussions about all of the Space City’s varied neighborhoods.

The new rank is achieved at 2,500 posts.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you have a link to the article? Or is it just from you reading it?

Do we get to ad them to our list of media outlets? :)

edit: Redscare will soon hit 'Jesus Christ Superstar' status when he hits 5,000 posts. While I only remain at 'Joseph & the Amazing Technicolor Dream Coat'.

By now those of you who care about these things have noticed that KLDE Tower is the highest user rank on HAIF.

Well, not anymore.

I've added a new one: "Partisan." Yes, it sounds strange. I took it from part of an article in the Lincoln, Nebraska Journal Star which reads:

Partisan? They must've been reading the Dallas/Houston topics.

We have a lot of potential in expanding the post milestone names. Have you considered adding maybe neighborhoods once the building list has been exhausted? Maybe 100K posts would get you River Oaks or something. Or even streets, sort of like a gran prix tour starting on one street and meandering through the city with stops along the way ending up at....? We did start out at Smith Street but ending at the KLDE tower is a little underwhelming.

Well, not anymore.

So in a couple of weeks Red will be a "Double Partisan"!!!!

Partisan? They must've been reading the Dallas/Houston topics.

We have a lot of potential in expanding the post milestone names. Have you considered adding maybe neighborhoods once the building list has been exhausted? Maybe 100K posts would get you River Oaks or something. Or even streets, sort of like a gran prix tour starting on one street and meandering through the city with stops along the way ending up at....? We did start out at Smith Street but ending at the KLDE tower is a little underwhelming.

Yeah, I was always kind of confused by the ranking system. I wasn't even quite sure what the KLDE Tower was until, while listening to the radio this morning on my way to work, KLDE did a station ID and it clicked for me.

Yeah, I was always kind of confused by the ranking system. I wasn't even quite sure what the KLDE Tower was until, while listening to the radio this morning on my way to work, KLDE did a station ID and it clicked for me.

When do people get another "square" icon?

One thing I did at my site that editor might consider is is at in a district after the tallest radio tower in Atlanta. After the WAGA Radio Tower, members go to the Perimeter Center (sort of like Westchase), Midtown Atlanta, Buckhead Atlanta, and Downtown Atlanta. I did this by the height of each building added together for each district. Then, my users go to Mayor of Atlanta, then the last ranking that I have so far, the King of Atlanta.

A King of Houston ranking would be sweet.

I'm reluctant to go with neighborhoods or streets because people's opinions vary. We can probably all agree that Downtown, River Oaks, and Tanglethingy are high ranking areas. But is The Heights better than Monstrose? Depends on who you ask.

I'm reluctant to go with neighborhoods or streets because people's opinions vary. We can probably all agree that Downtown, River Oaks, and Tanglethingy are high ranking areas. But is The Heights better than Monstrose? Depends on who you ask.

Keep with what you got... but redscare should still be called jesus christ superstar ;) (only kidding)

Redscare will soon hit 'Jesus Christ Superstar' status when he hits 5,000 posts.

It would be cool to honor Redscare by naming the 5000 mark after him i learned a lot from this Sage's posting's. Rank: Redscare

Edit: if not we could have Redscare day like Puma had

One thing I did at my site that editor might consider is is at in a district after the tallest radio tower in Atlanta. After the WAGA Radio Tower, members go to the Perimeter Center (sort of like Westchase), Midtown Atlanta, Buckhead Atlanta, and Downtown Atlanta. I did this by the height of each building added together for each district. Then, my users go to Mayor of Atlanta, then the last ranking that I have so far, the King of Atlanta.

A King of Houston ranking would be sweet.

You can't have more than one king, and anyways, I already have that title. :lol:

It would be cool to honor Redscare by naming the 5000 mark after him i learned a lot from this Sage's posting's. Rank: Redscare

Edit: if not we could have Redscare day like Puma had

Oh... I like that idea a lot. I don't think we should call it "RedScare," though as that might be confusing.

Maybe "Comrade" or something like that.

how about "The Kremlin" or "Red Square" - (instead of red-scare! :lol: )

How about Sage or Metropolitan ?

Edit; Guru also sounds cool or Junk Yard Dog aka Paul Bosch wrestling

How about Sage or Metropolitan ?

Edit; Guru also sounds cool or Junk Yard Dog aka Paul Bosch wrestling

How about The White House, or The Parthenon, oooooooooooooooooo, or The Great Pyramids. I myself would choose a much more enlightened place, like The Shao Lin Monestary, talk about being "on high".

How about The White House, or The Parthenon, oooooooooooooooooo, or The Great Pyramids. I myself would choose a much more enlightened place, like The Shao Lin Monestary, talk about being "on high".

I guess i'm not thinking outside the box, 8 wonders of the World, good ideal mr. T

Would he be able to consolidate both his Gary profile and Redscare profile in the future if he choses, if that is the case, then he is well beyond 5000 posts by now. ^_^

Would he be able to consolidate both his Gary profile and Redscare profile in the future if he choses, if that is the case, then he is well beyond 5000 posts by now. ^_^

You think Gary is RedScare ?..............(Huge Bellylaugh) :lol::lol::lol: I only laugh because I personally know this NOT to be true.

............Unless................Gary, is there something you wish to tell the group ?

You think Gary is RedScare ?..............(Huge Bellylaugh) :lol::lol::lol: I only laugh because I personally know this NOT to be true.

............Unless................Gary, is there something you wish to tell the group ?

Nevermind, I found this thread that started what I thought was true and reread it again. I guess I have short term memory.

And now I remember, it was both of them pulling one over me, I was still thinking they were the same people, scratch what I mentioned before. :wacko:

Nevermind, I found this thread that started what I thought was true and reread it again. I guess I have short term memory.

And now I remember, it was both of them pulling one over me, I was still thinking they were the same people, scratch what I mentioned before. :wacko:

.............and TJ ruins another joke -_-:blush: . Sorry Gary and Red, I was rollin' while readin' that interchange on the other thread though.

Archived