Upcoming HAIF down time

editor

This is old news, and this post does not belong here.

Editor I suggest we close this thread or at minimum, move it to the Houston Architecture.info forum.

Some people just post just because they can, and that is not always a good thing. Even with the use of your smiley.

Please learn how to participate properly next time u080570.

Dang - sorry - I just thought it was funny this kept popping up alot for me......to the dungeon I go....

Pumapayam i think you responded a little harsh there. Just simply ask the mods to move the thread, it probably will be done anyway.

i'd like to know for myself because i remember some 2 or 3 years ago under the old HAIF forum, the wayne lorentz guy was registered and posted regularly. Is the editor and waynelorentz guy the same person?

Just curious!

Does your hosting company let you purchase equipment and have them maintain it for a fee?

I have access to plenty of robust servers that would keep you up and running for years to come.

Let me know if that is something you would be interested in.

At this time, no. They will only maintain their own equipment. And while I thank you for the offer of a server, it's about three weeks to late. I'm going to try to make a go of the new one we got this morning. If that fails, we'll probably go Xserve for serious power.

Well, it's mostly thanks to you. This is what happens when people subscribe.

Just trying to do my part. You'll find out in time that I am a man of my word. If there is anything else I can help with, let me know. I thoroughly enjoy this forum and will do whatever it takes to keep it going. Thank you for all your hard work.

• 2 weeks later...

It's actually not the server, itself. We have one particular member whose Windows computer is loaded down with viruses and spyware and one particularly nasty piece of crapware that overloads the HAIF server whenever he comes on. I've told him about the problem and he's promised to clean his system. That was a couple of days ago, though, and the problem persists. In fact the other day his computer tried to connect to the web site 3,600 times in one hour. Next step is to ban his account until he cleans up his computer.

It's actually not the server, itself. We have one particular member whose Windows computer is loaded down with viruses and spyware and one particularly nasty piece of crapware that overloads the HAIF server whenever he comes on. I've told him about the problem and he's promised to clean his system. That was a couple of days ago, though, and the problem persists. In fact the other day his computer tried to connect to the web site 3,600 times in one hour. Next step is to ban his account until he cleans up his computer.

oh my...i didn't even know that was possible! :blink:

spill the beads, we want to know! :lol:

Archived