Time Warner changing to Comcast

From what I've read yes, email addresses will eventually change. However there will be a long phase-in period during which both the RR and Comcast addresses will work. The best thing to do to avoid that kind of problem is use an address from hotmail, gmail, yahoo etc. instead of from your ISP.

I did that just in case......I actually got my same address (the prefix part) at Inbox.com. All the others freebies were going to be way-out strange addresses since there are already so many people using them.

I also bought my domain name a few years ago - Ive got a couple email accounts set up there too....I guess I need to consolidate !!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We had Comcast when we lived in Boston, and the customer service was fantastic. I think I'll be switching back to DirecTV though, because IMHO cable's HD channels are horrid. In some instances the picture quality is worse than the regular broadcast channels.

Orikal try just getting basic cable first, no digital. I setup 2 HDTV's recently...Clear Lake and northside.....both using Time Warner basic cable. Using the digital tuners built in to the television, I was also able to get the digital signal including HD. i think ch 13 was 88.7. I did find all the local channels quite easily and were in HD.

• 2 months later...
Guest Marty

Nothing has change! My Road Runner email is still the same and all the advertisements are still going with the astronaut you see on the commercials on TV what gives? when is the change going to happen?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
I tried to change my email and it said you must re register.

They just had a bit about this on Channel 2 - you have until Dec 31 to change your Road Runner email address to a Comcast address (on Dec 31 the Road Runner addresses will be disabled)....

AT&T U-Verse has some pretty nice offers. Anyone use them?

Ive had U-Verse for about 2 months.....

Their DVR sucks....their program menu is "prettier" than TWC's but is slow to respond....

Their channel line-up is great, less $$ than TWC....their SD quality is better than TWC, but their HD quality isn't as good....you get a wireless router included...

Check out: www.uverseusers.com for more info....

I have earthlink any idea what will happend(i use TW cable)

I have earthlink through TW Cable also. Nothing will happen to the account; we will start getting billed by Comcast the same way we are being billed by TW.

need help. I think since comcast came to houston my Discovery HD breaks up all the time. Now I can't watch that channel. Does anybody have any idea on what i should do? (to get a better signal or etc.)

Comcast has already made it clear that they're a disimprovement over Time-Warner.

They no longer carry the TV Guide channel on standard cable. Coupled with the Chronicle's dismal TV coverage, it's pretty much impossible to tell what's playing except through channel-surfing. :angry2:

Comcast has already made it clear that they're a disimprovement over Time-Warner.

They no longer carry the TV Guide channel on standard cable. Coupled with the Chronicle's dismal TV coverage, it's pretty much impossible to tell what's playing except through channel-surfing. :angry2:

I use tvguide.com. It works for me, but I don't watch much TV, either.

Guest Marty

I got a letter in the mail that said it will change in the first part of June. Digital Cable TV Guide still works.

Furthermore, my internet crashes at least 15 times a day, due to the transitioning they are doing. They are also changing the IP address up, which may reallyy mess some stuff up, such as cookies, etc.

My Internet has been hit and miss lately. I've had a few days lately when it had horrible latency; the same kind of crap that made me dump my DSL four years ago. It seems to be better now, but is still running slightly slower than it has the last few years. Hopefully that will improve. The promise of more bandwidth is appealing, and I hope they extend that to us Earthlink cable customers.

As for the TV, I've had a few cases recently where I was getting only audio and no video on some digital channels, which has never happened before. I also don't like the cuts they've made in some of the HBO channels.

• 1 month later...
Guest Marty

Here's a story about in the near future you may have to spend more on your cable bill or pay 200-300 dollars for your own junky/ratty cable boxes because of the FCC mumbo jumbo. I will go back to tinfoil on the rabbit ears if all else falls.

KTRK Video

need help. I think since comcast came to houston my Discovery HD breaks up all the time. Now I can't watch that channel. Does anybody have any idea on what i should do? (to get a better signal or etc.)

I was having problems with my craptastic comcast breaking up over any channel over 200. I had the cable guy come out and he changed a splitter and everything comes in VERY clear now. My internet is another thing. Its very slow. My dial-up at&t dsl here at work is much faster. I miss time-warner.

Here's a story about in the near future you may have to spend more on your cable bill or pay 200-300 dollars for your own junky/ratty cable boxes because of the FCC mumbo jumbo. I will go back to tinfoil on the rabbit ears if all else falls.

KTRK Video

I just got digital cable about 2 months ago. When I got it they said the price on the box would drop or go completely away since more people would require it. They also said Comcast would be cheaper. I just hate being lied to. Has anyone heard anything about the electric companies wanting to do cable also?

This is actually a good thing....the cable companies are just trying to put a negative spin on it because its going to hurt their sacred profit margins. Basically this will let you get whatever box you want and have the cable company put a little cable card into it to do the decoding. So, if you want a TIVO or some such you don't have to rent a cable box from the cable company to make it work.

This is actually a good thing....the cable companies are just trying to put a negative spin on it because its going to hurt their sacred profit margins. Basically this will let you get whatever box you want and have the cable company put a little cable card into it to do the decoding. So, if you want a TIVO or some such you don't have to rent a cable box from the cable company to make it work.

Actually that's what I did and it it works great. For the bedrooms I have just the basic cable (up to channel 99 or something) on standard def TVs. In the living room we have a TiVo Series 3 with two cablecards. No messing around with the Comcast DVR or a cable box. It was a minor pain to set up (had to get a replacement for one of the cards), but now it works great. My complex has a bulk agreement with Comcast so we pay for basic cable with our HOA dues, and as such the digital channels and HD channels, with two cards is only $22/month.

Guest Marty

Okay I see, I like the ideal now.

• 1 month later...

Sorry to double post, but I still have not received instruction's on the Roadrunner to Comcast e-mail change has anyone else has or does it take longer if you live farther away from Houston.

Sorry to double post, but I still have not received instruction's on the Roadrunner to Comcast e-mail change has anyone else has or does it take longer if you live farther away from Houston.

I have a friend who lives over off the Beltway and Airport and he has yet to receive and email either. He was asking me about it and I have no idea since I never use my roadrunner email at all. He wanted to know if he could keep his same email addy just change the server name. I again have no idea. Does anyone out there know?

I found this interesting.

Shutting down big downloaders

Comcast cuts Internet service to bandwidth hogs

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20633771/

The rapid growth of online videos, music and games has created a new Internet sin: using it too much.

Comcast has punished some transgressors by cutting off their Internet service, arguing that excessive downloaders hog Internet capacity and slow down the network for other customers. The company declines to reveal its download limits

To trigger a disconnection warning, customers would be downloading the equivalent of 1,000 songs or four full-length movies every day. Comcast spokesman Charlie Douglas declined to reveal specific bandwidth limits.

Well, I don't get that many songs everyday.

Yeah, I hear you, but I was surprised by the four movie downloads, but I never listen to music ( except youtube ) on the computer. The only movies I watch on a machine is what I bought at the store.

I got my email yesterday to change my email to camcast. It was very easy and the comcast page looks fine to me although I will never use it because I like yahoo mail. I was told that eventually I will have to call Comcast to switch some addresses on my browser or I won't be able to get on the internet? The lady I spoke with asked what browser I use. Well I have no idea since I am not all that UP on computers but she said when I get the email to change I will call them and they will walk me through the process. Then she said they would walk me through only if I did NOT have microsoft because they don't support microsoft. Then I would have to call microsoft to walk me through and they will charge a fee if I don't have lifetime service agreement, which I don't. I don't understand any of this. I've never heard anything about some process you have to be walked through. I thought when we changed our email that was the end of it and that Comcast took care of the rest of it on their end. Does anyone know what this lady was talking about? Verizon is looking better and better to me.

I just got my thing this morning and I changed it, but I have to wait 24 hours for it to take effect , all I changed was the roadrunner to comcast but I chose to have all my mail diverted to the new one also. when it changes I will try to change my email on here.

Archived