Time Warner changing to Comcast

I. HATE. COMCAST!!!!!

All I'm trying to do is go online and pay my ever-increasing bill. It was so easy with TW's Express Pay - the Comcast system doesn't recognize the password I used to pay the July bill, which was more than the June bill, even though we never use PPV or have the phone - it's just cable and internet. A couple of good animes on Tuesday night doesn't make up for this annoyance - I've had it with the online chat maze and will have to call! Comcastic, indeed - more like Comspastic. :angry2:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I got my email yesterday to change my email to camcast. It was very easy and the comcast page looks fine to me although I will never use it because I like yahoo mail. I was told that eventually I will have to call Comcast to switch some addresses on my browser or I won't be able to get on the internet? The lady I spoke with asked what browser I use. Well I have no idea since I am not all that UP on computers but she said when I get the email to change I will call them and they will walk me through the process. Then she said they would walk me through only if I did NOT have microsoft because they don't support microsoft. Then I would have to call microsoft to walk me through and they will charge a fee if I don't have lifetime service agreement, which I don't. I don't understand any of this. I've never heard anything about some process you have to be walked through. I thought when we changed our email that was the end of it and that Comcast took care of the rest of it on their end. Does anyone know what this lady was talking about? Verizon is looking better and better to me.

Depending on which email program you use, there are different procedures for changing your mail settings. For some reason, it sounds like Comcast does not support any Microsoft email programs (Outlook, Outlook Express, etc). I have no idea why they wouldnt support these as they are just as simple to change as any other program.

In any case, you will need to look through the options, settings, preferences (different programs call it different things) and find where you enter your connection settings.

Specifically, the POP server and the SMTP server.

They have changed (or will be changing), from something like mail.houston.rr.com to mail.comcast.com

These are simply addresses that your email program uses to find out where to send and recieve emails for your specific account. If you never plan on using the comcast email, you never need to worry about this.

Note: I am not a comcast customer and I do not know what the new setting are, I am just trying to explain what the lady on the phone apparently cannot.

I just got my thing this morning and I changed it, but I have to wait 24 hours for it to take effect , all I changed was the roadrunner to comcast but I chose to have all my mail diverted to the new one also. when it changes I will try to change my email on here.

What ever you do, let the admin/mods know before you change your E mail address!

Depending on which email program you use, there are different procedures for changing your mail settings. For some reason, it sounds like Comcast does not support any Microsoft email programs (Outlook, Outlook Express, etc). I have no idea why they wouldnt support these as they are just as simple to change as any other program.

In any case, you will need to look through the options, settings, preferences (different programs call it different things) and find where you enter your connection settings.

Specifically, the POP server and the SMTP server.

They have changed (or will be changing), from something like mail.houston.rr.com to mail.comcast.com

These are simply addresses that your email program uses to find out where to send and recieve emails for your specific account. If you never plan on using the comcast email, you never need to worry about this.

Note: I am not a comcast customer and I do not know what the new setting are, I am just trying to explain what the lady on the phone apparently cannot.

Thank for the explanation. Now why couldn't comcast have explained it like that??? Well, too late for them. I switched to verizon dsl. It seems just as fast as comcast was and at half the price. I'm a happy camper. Thanks again Mr Chenevert. At least I know now what what they were trying to say.

Archived