Things that irritate me

Parrothead

Hello...west20th...can you read? It was just an opinion I was stating. Ya know, something EVERYONE on this message board does EVERY DAY, including you? Gads. I'm not trying to interfere with the neighborhood. Just my observation about it!

Here's where i disagree with you parrot.

This is a forum.

There is no such thing as just stating an opinion. You even said

"Anyway, it bothered me. I'm not gonna lose sleep over it, but I just wanted to see what you all thought. "

If you post an opinon and ask for others opinions ( even if theyre wack ) you're going to get other people's opinions as a reaction to yours.

Are you one of those folks who finds PC offensive?

offensive.. no... irritating , stupid, and harmful.. yes

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry, I didn't realize calling someone a moron was not allowed.

I guess I will just stick to hate speech, derogatory comments about Mexican-Americans, references to "master races," and made up theories on Mexicans flying the Flag of Mexico as a symbol of protest to the 4th of July.

Thanks to Parrothead, I now know that we apparently won our independence from Mexico and not England on the 4th of July.

Nmain, as far as the "master race" crack, remember back when all the protests were going on downtown. I distinctly remember some people being interviewed saying that the Mexican people were "La Raza", and that THEY were THE master race. It is my belief that this is where she is coming from.

To tell you the truth-except for the xenophobia-I don't know where she's coming from with her "Master Race" crack. :wacko:

B)

BTW: that picture of the guy's back? That's just wrong... :lol:

What is your opinion of this?

Now that I am on my home PC I can see you posted a picture. Remote hosted images are blocked on my work PC.

Anyway. That picture is just a Brit trying to be cute.

Pretty cheesy looking. But if you HAVE to fly it, that would be the best route.

I guess I will just stick to hate speech, derogatory comments about Mexican-Americans, references to "master races," and made up theories on Mexicans flying the Flag of Mexico as a symbol of protest to the 4th of July.

Thanks to Parrothead, I now know that we apparently won our independence from Mexico and not England on the 4th of July.

Pssssstttt..........Texas, I believe, actually won it's independence from Mexico on April 22, 1836, Kinkaid. So, just to set you both straight, Texas didn't win it's independence from either country on July 4th. So, neither one of you wins the $64,000 question. Now, let's have a group hug, join hands and sing Kumbayah ! :huh:

no, name calling isn't OK here and neither is bigotry but so far, i haven't seen any. not being down with seeing mexican flags all over the place as well as the ever increasing presence of spanish does not make one a bigot.

Here's where i disagree with you parrot.

This is a forum.

There is no such thing as just stating an opinion. You even said

"Anyway, it bothered me. I'm not gonna lose sleep over it, but I just wanted to see what you all thought. "

If you post an opinon and ask for others opinions ( even if theyre wack ) you're going to get other people's opinions as a reaction to yours.

offensive.. no... irritating , stupid, and harmful.. yes

Oh no, I get that. I'm okay with that. I just didn't know I was going to get called names. Letting me know you don't agree is one thing. Putting me through the wringer because of it is another.

And believe me, I definitely won't lose sleep over any of it, not even the mudslinging around here. I think I have learned my lesson, and I hope everyone here feels better now that they've taught it to me. I absolutely deserved being called "stupid", "moron", "classless", a "troll", and a "tool". I mean, what was I thinking?!? :rolleyes:

It's a good thing I have such a nice mouth on me, otherwise I might have called a few of you totally fu*king liberal pussified a*s clowns who need to have their mouths stapled shut before they say one more completely idiotic thing like "Let's annex Mexico."

^_^ All in good fun! GROUP HUG EVERYONE!

Oh no, I get that. I'm okay with that. I just didn't know I was going to get called names. Letting me know you don't agree is one thing. Putting me through the wringer because of it is another.

And believe me, I definitely won't lose sleep over any of it, not even the mudslinging around here. I think I have learned my lesson, and I hope everyone here feels better now that they've taught it to me. I absolutely deserved being called "stupid", "moron", "classless", a "troll", and a "tool". I mean, what was I thinking?!? :rolleyes:

It's a good thing I have such a nice mouth on me, otherwise before they say one more completely idiotic thing like "Let's annex Mexico."

^_^ All in good fun! GROUP HUG EVERYONE!

I might have called a few of you totally fu*king liberal pussified a*s clowns who need to have their mouths stapled shut

Do you talk like that in front of your children?

Did we ever get an explaination of the "Master Race" crack?

Yeah, we did. Pay attention. And yes, it was given before you posted.

I think its funny someone comes into the Way-Off topic board to post an opinion and everyone decides to crucify her as if they have some subjective ground to stand on.

This is the WAY OFF TOPIC sub-forum. You people have a problem. It's called: "View All New Posts Now". As soon as you click that your mind instantly treats all threads equal. You are wrong for doing so.

Nmain & West20th, you two never cease to amaze me. I think if I ever met either one of you, before anything was said I would slap you on principle alone for always running your mouths. You two already do more damage around here than Parrothead ever will.

Kincaidalum - You're the moron for sinking to name calling in the second post. Weak.

As for Parrothead, you're the most clueless person I know. You're so wrapped in your delusional All-American cherry pie, Christian Republican, 1950's House-wife fantasy it's sad. Not everyone agrees with dropping nuke on everyone not singing the national anthem in English and simoultaniously writing down an ordered list of our past president, all while dressed in red, white & blue.

Now, back on topic, I get mad myself when I drive through a neighborhood and see the one jerk not keeping up with the block. I would be mad too if they were flying a flag of any country on a shimmed-up, duct-taped, pvc pole. Its not the flag that's flying, its the lazyness and lack of general respect for yourself and your neighbors for not spending ten dollars and thirty minutes out of your life to properly install a flag mount.

Alright. I'm going to bed. I obviously need rest after what I said in the other thread about those dudes dressed like hot chics. "Man-hands".. How did I miss that? :unsure:

Dude...I have NO clue as to what you are talking about. Why the hell should I apologize for being a Christian housewife who would very much like to have an All-American life for her child? Look, I can be as kooky as the rest of this motley crue here...but I am not delusional. You can get that one out of your head right......about.........now. :) Where did I ever say that I wanted to drop nukes on people not singing the national anthem in English? You misunderstood, dear man. I think I was talking about the North Koreans, and it was in jest, though the liberals of this board didn't take it as such, and have since branded me in almost the same light as you just did. FWIW, I think YOU are the one that's clueless, but hey, I guess we all have our opinions, eh? ;)

Nmain & West20th, you two never cease to amaze me. I think if I ever met either one of you, before anything was said I would slap you on principle alone for always running your mouths. You two already do more damage around here than Parrothead ever will.

The only explaination I got re: "Master Race" was from TJ. I was asking the source. She never answered.

You want to hit me? That's your answer to someone who posts things you don't like? I don't know what damage I've done to make you want to hit me. No one has tried to hit me since the 8th grade.

You called Kinkaid a moron for calling someone else a moron? Go figure.

I do agree with you on parrot's penchant for nuking millions of innocent women and children. I think in the end that really wouldn't make her feel as good as she might think.

It's a good thing I have such a nice mouth on me, otherwise I might have called a few of you totally fu*king liberal pussified a*s clowns who need to have their mouths stapled shut before they say one more completely idiotic thing like "Let's annex Mexico."

Such a classy lady.

You want to hit me? That's your answer to someone who posts things you don't like? I don't know what damage I've done to make you want to hit me. No one has tried to hit me since the 8th grade.

You know what you do. You stir ____ up. I used to get slapped upside the head by my dad when I stirred ____ up.

Slapping & hitting aren't the same thing, unless you're Redscare maybe. I bet he could make spitting a felony assault.

Nmain & West20th, you two never cease to amaze me. I think if I ever met either one of you, before anything was said I would slap you on principle alone for always running your mouths.

Jeebus. Slap me on priciple. You better hope you never meet me. I'll slap your sorry a** into next year!!! Just on principle of course. What a loser you are!!! Disagree with someone and you feel the need to "slap" someone? Grow up!!!

Jeebus. Slap me on priciple. You better hope you never meet me. I'll slap your sorry a** into next year!!! Just on principle of course. What a loser you are!!! Disagree with someone and you feel the need to "slap" someone? Grow up!!!

Ladies, Ladies, PPPPPPLLLLLEEEEEEAAAAAASSSSSSSEEEEEEE calm down! Before I have to Pimp-Slap the whole lot of ya. Nobody will be joining in fisticuffs on my watch. Great Googely Moogely, must be the summer heat ? Everyone needs a nice tall cool glass of STFU ! I love you all, but everyone is getting out of hand here. Apparently an opinion was inadvertently turned into fact by the same someone unknowingly, and they got called to the mat. Cooler heads could have prevailed, but someone decided to resort to name calling. IMO, that's the quickest way to lose a battle of wits, it's like bringing a knife to a gunfight. Although the term "Douchebag" is always a good one, but I digress. Let's just take a page out of the Rodney King handbook. Everyone gets a hit of PCP, and then we can just all get along. :D

Such a classy lady.

Now, now, west20th, :D let's don't try to slap a b.s. sexist remark on all of this as if that is supposed to make me feel bad for not being more delicate and feminine in my wording just because I am a female. Tad hypocritical, no?

Although the term "Douchebag" is always a good one, but I digress.

My favorite avatar: barney.jpg:lol:

Everyone gets a hit of PCP, and then we can just all get along.

AMEN BROTHER! :wub: Let's just be done with this! ^_^

Now, now, west20th, :D let's don't try to slap a b.s. sexist remark on all of this as if that is supposed to make me feel bad for not being more delicate and feminine in my wording just because I am a female. Tad hypocritical, no?

OK. OK. I should have said "such a classy person".

I think its funny someone comes into the Way-Off topic board to post an opinion and everyone decides to crucify her as if they have some subjective ground to stand on.

This is the WAY OFF TOPIC sub-forum. You people have a problem. It's called: "View All New Posts Now". As soon as you click that your mind instantly treats all threads equal. You are wrong for doing so.

Kincaidalum - You're the moron for sinking to name calling in the second post. Weak.

As for Parrothead, you're the most clueless person I know. You're so wrapped in your delusional All-American cherry pie, Christian Republican, 1950's House-wife fantasy it's sad. Not everyone agrees with dropping nuke on everyone not singing the national anthem in English and simoultaniously writing down an ordered list of our past president, all while dressed in red, white & blue.

Now, back on topic, I get mad myself when I drive through a neighborhood and see the one jerk not keeping up with the block. I would be mad too if they were flying a flag of any country on a shimmed-up, duct-taped, pvc pole. Its not the flag that's flying, its the lazyness and lack of general respect for yourself and your neighbors for not spending ten dollars and thirty minutes out of your life to properly install a flag mount.

Alright. I'm going to bed. I obviously need rest after what I said in the other thread about those dudes dressed like hot chics. "Man-hands".. How did I miss that? :unsure:

You know...the title of the topic wasn't quite interesting enough for me to even check on up until now...but I noticed that it'd gotten 85 posts in two days...thought it might warrant a bit of looking at. Seems like a perfect example of why newspapers try to emphasize conflict over more constructive and informative news. It gets ratings.

I'm glad I did look through it, though...but not for any reason other than your post, Jeebus. Thank you. :)

Whiny people: Get a grip. Read into things a little more deeply. Pay attention. Don't namecall.

Parrot: Don't expect not to be ripped on if you make the flag the issue and also state clearly that you have a double standard that applies to one flag and not another. If you want to whine about La Raza, whine about La Raza...and put THAT in your subtitle heading. And you're usually good about this, but don't follow their suit and start namecalling back to them...it only validates their means of argument.

Moderators: Shut threads like this down. In the same sense that an HOA needs to keep a neighborhood in order, you've got a responsibility to maintain basic civility on the board. Allowing one person to repeatedly disrespect others will only invite more people to do the same...and I think that this thread proves it.

Moderators: Shut threads like this down. In the same sense that an HOA needs to keep a neighborhood in order, you've got a responsibility to maintain basic civility on the board. Allowing one person to repeatedly disrespect others will only invite more people to do the same...and I think that this thread proves it.

No one shut down the threads where you and parrot made insensitive cracks about nuking women and children and leaving illegals to die in the streets. If you are looking for civility, I suggest you take a look at yourself first before you advocate shutting down a thread that you don't like.

No one shut down the threads where you and parrot made insensitive cracks about nuking women and children and leaving illegals to die in the streets. If you are looking for civility, I suggest you take a look at yourself first before you advocate shutting down a thread that you don't like.

I didn't read Parrot's post about nuking anyone, so I can't speak to her case.

I've already addressed you at length on your misinterpretation of my own statement.

Look dude, you need to recognize that there is a profound difference between stating an opinion about an issue and namecalling. It isn't so much that you are offended by an idea in principle...and if you are, then you have every right to state exactly that and to argue your point to the furthest extent possible. But...and let me say this categorically: that does not necessitate namecalling.

I may disagree with your notions of what is right and ethical in this world, but I refuse to show you the same discourtesy that you have shown myself and others.

Archived