Treeline Golf Club At 17505 N. Eldridge Pkwy.

mrfootball

• 2 weeks later...

The first course in Houston I ever played.

It was also the site of the best round I ever shot. It was triple digits, but it was still my best round :-)

Sad to see it go. It was even expanded not to long ago, right?

It was also the site of the best round I ever shot. It was triple digits, but it was still my best round :-)

I used to caddy at Treeline and as much as I don't care for golf, I actually enjoyed the job.

"Golf is a good walk spoiled"

Mark Twain

B)

I think they just renovated it, I dont think they added anymore holes.

I never actually played treeline, which is weird since I am an avid golfer and live only 15 minutes away...but I did qualify for HGA a few times there.

I think they just renovated it, I dont think they added anymore holes.

Right, they bought some more land on the north side of the property and then re-worked that side of the course, changing 5 or 6 holes.

• 5 years later...

Sorry to bump this really old thread, but I found it while searching for the history of the land that is now Treeline (The development - I live here). Instead of starting a new thread, I figure this was the best place to add a comment/question.

Does anyone know what this land was before it was the golf course? Any tips for how I could search for it and its history?

According to 1944 historical imagery from Google Earth the land appears to have been a cattle ranch, with the ranch HQ in the exact location as the original golf course clubhouse and maintenance facilities, just north of where there are now homes located on Hodges Grove Ln.

As for more historical details you might try asking the family that opened the golf course back in the 50s. That's their estate across N.Eldridge from your development,behind the white picket fence.

• The title was changed to Treeline Golf Club At 17505 N. Eldridge Pkwy.

Archived