Won't you be my neighbor? part duex

stolitx

This place looks fab-u-lous.

It'll be open on Sunday. So those of you out at open houses this weekend, come say hi. I'll be there taking another look.

If you buy it you will have my neverending envy. I love my house, but this looks sweet with a much better location in the neighborhood than I have.

7711 LAKEWIND

I can't post pics or links from work but I thought rps posted an exterior photo in another thread. Here's the HAR listing.

http://www.har.com/8780128

It's amazing how much better it looks with the new pics which were posted today on HAR. What a difference you get when you have someone who actually knows what they are doing with camera, (which would not be me!) There were a lot of modsters that didn't get to make it out so I am going to hold it open again the weekend after Easter. Both Saturday and Sunday from 2 to 4.

Houston Mod Mod of the Month

Don't miss a chance to see a great midcentury property this weekend - April 22 and 23 from 2:00pm to 4:00pm.

April Mod of the Month

7711 Lakewind Houston, Tx 77061 MLS# 8780128 Glenbrook Valley subdivision

Per the current owners, the home was constructed about 1959 by an executive with Dow Chemical. Architect is unknown. The home is in very near original condition and features poured terrazzo flooring, vaulted ceilings, extensive interior redwood trim, original cabinetry & fixtures, & cove lighting. Situated on a rolling, hilly, wooded lot over 36,000 sq ft. HCAD reports the square footage at 3972. The home has 5 bedrooms, 3.5 baths, both formal living & dining, a den, & study. The home will be open for viewing this Saturday and Sunday April 22nd 23rd from 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM. This is an interesting home for fans of midcentury modern & worth viewing whether you are in the market for a home or not!

Did your Brady Bunch show up yet? Lakewind has a LOT of house for your average "neo mod" DINK couple. I keep hoping a big mod family will show up to buy this house!

It's funny, even with all those huge McMansions out there and the popularity of the BIG HOUSE, I just can't figure out how anyone makes use of 3000 Square Feet. Our 2200 is more than enough. More than that would just add to the tempation of buying more furniture.

Jason

Thanks to all to HAIF

I thought it was a really stunning house and I would have no issues making good use of 3000SF. Although the house is fabulous the back yard is even better. It really has everything, the cool house, the large lot and close proximity to downtown.

Thanks to Robert for letting me peak inside.

Archived