Send An E-mail To Hugo Chavez

pineda

Reuters reports Citgo boycott

The Venezuela government, run by the dictator Chavez, is the sole owner of Citgo gas company. Sales of products at Citgo stations send money back to Chavez to help him in his vow to bring down our government.

Take Action

Send an email to Chavez and to Citgo that you will not be shopping at a Citgo station. Why should U.S. citizens who love freedom be financing a dictator who has vowed to take down our government?

send an e-mail to Hugo Chavez

Reuters reports Citgo boycott

The Venezuela government, run by the dictator Chavez, is the sole owner of Citgo gas company. Sales of products at Citgo stations send money back to Chavez to help him in his vow to bring down our government.

Take Action

Send an email to Chavez and to Citgo that you will not be shopping at a Citgo station. Why should U.S. citizens who love freedom be financing a dictator who has vowed to take down our government?

send an e-mail to Hugo Chavez

I think it's fine to send emails to leaders and companies we may have beefs with. God knows I burn up the internet with mine. It is, however, important to keep our facts straight. Chavez-unlike Musharraf Of Pakistan or the Saudis, home of most of the 9.11 hijackers-is not a dictator. Like it or not [see Hamas in Palestine] he was elected president in a free and open election condoned by the United States, no less. He also survived a re-call election in 2004. It's important to keep our eye on the ball. The far right American Family Association is as adept at skewing the facts as any far left organization.

So here I am, a Liberal defending an oil company-go figure. All I can say is investigate the facts. Find out who Donald Wildmon and his American Family Association is. Then decide if you want to email Chavez or Wildmon. Besides, does anyone really think a Chavez is going to topple the most powerful nation the world has ever known? I'm thinking not.

God! I love freedom of expression! :D

B)

Where is Pat Robertson and his Black-Ops commandos when you need them !

trouble maker!!!!!! >:)

B)

I think it's fine to send emails to leaders and companies we may have beefs with. God knows I burn up the internet with mine. It is, however, important to keep our facts straight. Chavez-unlike Musharraf Of Pakistan or the Saudis, home of most of the 9.11 hijackers-is not a dictator. Like it or not [see Hamas in Palestine] he was elected president in a free and open election condoned by the United States, no less. He also survived a re-call election in 2004. It's important to keep our eye on the ball. The far right American Family Association is as adept at skewing the facts as any far left organization.

thanks for keeping the facts straight. i was readiing that 'dictator' comment and was wondering what facts they were reading.

like it or not, we push 'democracy' around the world. we cannot pick and choose the KIND of democracy the people in those places choose.

Thanks, guys! My entire post was actually a copy and paste of an e-mailed story I received yesterday. I thought it was interesting, but kinda figured that there might be another side to the story. I really don't know enough about either side, so I appreciated your comments. HAIF to the rescue again! :D

is not a dictator

True. He's a Deomcratically elected offical who has taken measures in the legislature to ensure his longevity. He has worked against the free press, NGOs and other instituions, and whiped the poor into a Robinhood frenzy.

You don't have to follow the Stalin model to be a dictator.

And like other dictators, he is surronding himself in a cult of personality, and exihibts extreme paranoia. Funny he severd time in jail for his involvement in leading a coup. To him, changing the constitution is like updaing a Word document.

Last year he though Bush tried to take him out. Yesterday, he expelled a US Navy offical for spying along side his own military.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4675572.stm

Things are not right in Venezuela. Take oil out of the equation and see how popular he is.

Chavez Profile:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/3517106.stm

My partner is Venezuelan. He HATES Chavez. Then again, he is from the upper middle class there. Chavez has done some questionable things with the press, the state oil company, and others, but he has also done some wonderful things for the poor. The poor are the majority in Venezuela and that's why he wins elections. It's really that simple.

Additionally, Chavez has done some great things for the poor in the United States. He is offering discounted heating oil to the poor in a handful of Northeastern states this winter at a time that our own federal government is slashing programs to help with home heating oil prices. It's amazing that the oil giants are turning billion dollar QUARTERLY profits but we have to turn to Venezuela to provide assistance to the poor and elderly in our own country!

Additionally, it's kinda laughable that we'd condemn another country for not respecting their constitution at a time when our own regime is violating the U.S. Constitution at an alarming rate

thanks for keeping the facts straight. i was readiing that 'dictator' comment and was wondering what facts they were reading.

like it or not, we push 'democracy' around the world. we cannot pick and choose the KIND of democracy the people in those places choose.

Exactly I tried to keep this in mind when Delay kept getting elected.

Additionally, it's kinda laughable that we'd condemn another country for not respecting their constitution at a time when our own regime is violating the U.S. Constitution at an alarming rate

Good post, Kinkaid. If Venezuela needs a new constitution, maybe we can give them ours since we're not using it anymore.

B)

My partner is Venezuelan. He HATES Chavez. Then again, he is from the upper middle class there. Chavez has done some questionable things with the press, the state oil company, and others, but he has also done some wonderful things for the poor. The poor are the majority in Venezuela and that's why he wins elections. It's really that simple.

Additionally, Chavez has done some great things for the poor in the United States. He is offering discounted heating oil to the poor in a handful of Northeastern states this winter at a time that our own federal government is slashing programs to help with home heating oil prices. It's amazing that the oil giants are turning billion dollar QUARTERLY profits but we have to turn to Venezuela to provide assistance to the poor and elderly in our own country!

damn bro! you laid it out there! thanks for keeping it real.

You don't actually think Chavez is giving away heating oil because he actually cares about the poor in this or any other country? In Maine, the deal was for heating oil in exchange for having the state governor meet with him for photo ops. Those photos were then used against the U.S. in leftist propaganda around the world ( http://www.unionleader.com/article.aspx?he...27-77f03bfdb521 ). This is all about maintaining his power as dictator by trying to embarrass the U.S. and by feeding bread and circuses to the mob at home. Just wait until oil prices come down and he becomes just another two-bit dictator, and then we'll see the real face of Hugo Chavez.

Domestically, it amazes me that people on the left can take the side of every anti-U.S. dictator and thug from Hamas to Fidel Castro to Chavez, and then wonder with a straight face why most Americans don't trust them with foreign policy!

You don't actually think Chavez is giving away heating oil because he actually cares about the poor in this or any other country? In Maine, the deal was for heating oil in exchange for having the state governor meet with him for photo ops. Those photos were then used against the U.S. in leftist propaganda around the world ( http://www.unionleader.com/article.aspx?he...27-77f03bfdb521 ). This is all about maintaining his power as dictator by trying to embarrass the U.S. and by feeding bread and circuses to the mob at home. Just wait until oil prices come down and he becomes just another two-bit dictator, and then we'll see the real face of Hugo Chavez.

Domestically, it amazes me that people on the left can take the side of every anti-U.S. dictator and thug from Hamas to Fidel Castro to Chavez, and then wonder with a straight face why most Americans don't trust them with foreign policy!

Uh...actually he is the democraticly elected president of Venezuela. (I guess you haven't read the previous posts.) It also appears that most people in this thread don't back anti-US dictators and thugs. Most of us do, however, back democracy.

As far as helping out folks on fixed incomes-mostly elderly-and four Native American tribes and homeless shelters in the state of Maine get a little break from rising oil costs, Maine Gov. John Baldacci did have his picture taken with the company president-not Chavez. You couldn't even copy that right.

You sound like you get alot of your talking points and "facts" from far right-wing radio talk show hosts and "newspapers" like the Union Leader.

To repeat a line from my first post in this thread: Besides, does anyone really think a Chavez is going to topple the most powerful nation the world has ever known? I'm thinking not.

You seem more concerned with spinning your radical right wing talking points than with helping out a few folks stay warm this winter.

Your "compassionate conservatism" is absolutly smothering me.

B)

sorry to misinform you, but the price of oil ain't gonna be dropping any time soon.

and since when does telling the truth about american policies make one a leftist or a right-winger? i think this some folks in this country has trouble dealing with Truth (and that is capital T).

and since when does telling the truth about american policies make one a leftist or a right-winger? i think this some folks in this country has trouble dealing with Truth (and that is capital T).

Speaking of telling the truth:

Bush 1-31-6

And to keep America competitive, one commitment is necessary above all: We must continue to lead the world in human talent and creativity. Our greatest advantage in the world has always been our educated, hardworking, ambitious people, and we are going to keep that edge.

Comments on Budget passed 2-1-6

Student groups charged the bill harmed college student through $11.9 billion in cuts to the student loan program, including higher fees on student and higher interest

Talk about double speak.

Note: Sorry about slipping off topic with this. This blatant say one thing and doing another from the State of the Union address has just really ticked me off.

It's OK. I understand ;-)

Chavez is a trouble maker. And he just hosted Cindy Sheehan, Harry Belafonte Jr and a slew of other Hollwood left-wingers.

They played right into this hands, hapilly bashing the USA.

It's one thing to protest in DC. Quite another to do it in Caracas.

It's OK. I understand ;-)

Chavez is a trouble maker. And he just hosted Cindy Sheehan, Harry Belafonte Jr and a slew of other Hollwood left-wingers.

They played right into this hands, hapilly bashing the USA.

It's one thing to protest in DC. Quite another to do it in Caracas.

Cindy Sheehan and Harry Belafonte did nothing to further their cause or their reputations but we are not at war with Venezuela. If they want to take their protest to Caracas, so be it. Keep in mind they are the far-left fringe. They no more represent progressives, liberals if you wish, than Pat Robertson represents you.

They said oil would never drop in the '70's either. Markets always fluctuate as demand adjusts to the level of supply. Never say never.

As for the truth--shrill-sounding rhetoric ala nmainguy hardly constitutes the truth. As a point in fact, I'm hardly a right-winger and I'm more likely to support democrats than republicans on many domestic issues. However, when it comes to foreign policy, the left wing in this country can hardly seem to tolerate any dissent without resorting to ad hominem attacks and the same retread rhetoric that they've been spouting since the 1960's. (I

They said oil would never drop in the '70's either. Markets always fluctuate as demand adjusts to the level of supply. Never say never.

As for the truth--shrill-sounding rhetoric ala nmainguy hardly constitutes the truth. As a point in fact, I'm hardly a right-winger and I'm more likely to support democrats than republicans on many domestic issues. However, when it comes to foreign policy, the left wing in this country can hardly seem to tolerate any dissent without resorting to ad hominem attacks and the same retread rhetoric that they've been spouting since the 1960's. (I

our president was 'elected' too, that doesn't mean that he does what's right by most people either. don't think for one minute that bush has the interest of the common american in mind when making his policies.

I never said he did, but neither do the democrats either. Besides, if you're going to argue that Chavez has a right to rule because he was democratically elected, then so does Bush. Thanks for making my point.

I never said he did, but neither do the democrats either. Besides, if you're going to argue that Chavez has a right to rule because he was democratically elected, then so does Bush. Thanks for making my point.

i'm just saying that we cannot go around telling the world that their democratically elected leaders are ____. so what if they are?

so are most of ours. they're owned by big business (democrats and republicans alike in both the presidency, the senate, the house of representatives, and local and state government --although locally they tend to be a little more responsive to people because they are closer to the noise) and they generally do whatever they please once elected. if that is not something close to dictatorship, i do not know what is.

i got something for you to read: what pat buchanan had to say about your president's state of the union speech.

looks like the cracks in the right are starting to widen. this should be fun to watch.

i'm just saying that we cannot go around telling the world that their democratically elected leaders are ____. so what if they are?

so are most of ours. they're owned by big business (democrats and republicans alike in both the presidency, the senate, the house of representatives, and local and state government --although locally they tend to be a little more responsive to people because they are closer to the noise) and they generally do whatever they please once elected. if that is not something close to dictatorship, i do not know what is.

i got something for you to read: what pat buchanan had to say about your president's state of the union speech.

looks like the cracks in the right are starting to widen. this should be fun to watch.

Again, I'm not a fan of the President, but I think it would be really sad to see the right totally melt down the same way the left has. You know, the framers of the Constitution were fearful that one party or faction would be able to gain control of the entire mechanism of government and thus form a tyranny. They developed a system divided government and of checks and balances in order to prevent this from happening, but checks and balances are not fail safe if there exists no effective opposition to the governing party. Ideally, it would be nice to see two strong parties debating opposing visions and working towards some kind of governing consensus. Unfortunately, we now seem to have party hacks who spout talking points, call each other names, and line their own pockets. As far as the two existing parties are concerned

This is a fight between Bush and Chavez, and not the American public. We all know that Bush had Chavez kidnapped during the coup a couple of years ago, and now Chavez is pulling out all stops to embarrass Bush. His replacement - who the Bush administration immediately endorsed - was NOT democratically elected, but installed by the Venezuelan military.

Cindy Sheehan and Harry Belafonte did nothing to further their cause or their reputations but we are not at war with Venezuela. If they want to take their protest to Caracas, so be it. Keep in mind they are the far-left fringe. They no more represent progressives, liberals if you wish, than Pat Robertson represents you.

Venenzuela apparently wants a piece of the good 'ol U.S. of A. Allbeit, Chavez is a little yapping mutt at our heels, but eventually you get tired of that little yapper and you give him a swift kick with your size 14 boot and "voila" no more yapping. We can't afford to be a "bully" though, so we sluff him off, as we have bigger fish to fry, I have to get these cliches out of my head. Of course people like Sheehan and her "ILK" jump at every opportunity to bash her Pres. not thinking clearly about what consequences it may have down the road, as long as it fits their agenda at the time, not to worry though, Sheehan will have some hack lefty spindoctors to help clarify what she was doing there when Chavez over steps his bounds and the poop hits the fan. :closedeyes:

Oh Yeah, MACBRO, you had a good point, we shouldn't go around saying that other countries' "elected" officials are ____. Shouldn't that road go bothways though ? Go tell that to your boy Chavez would ya ?

Nmain, WTH are you talking about, same rights ? You have healthcare benefits, you can leave your wealth to anyone you want, go make a will, and it will be automatic, what is it that YOU are missing out on, by not being able to marry, and you don't even want to, to begin with. Ok, this is my opinion of what "marriage" is supposed to stand for. IMO marriage is a foundation for which a man and a woman in love can form a singular union for the SOLE PURPOSE of PROCREATION (sp), so that you DO NOT have bastardized children. Yes, I understand it is very "biblical" in fact, that is exactly what it is, and that is why most marriages are performed by a preist or rabbi, and that is how the government has recognized a civil union since, hmmmmm, someone help me out here, oh yeah, the beginning of friggin time ! If you want to have children out of wedlock, by all means, go for it. I will not judge, You want to be homosexual in your relationship, by all means, you go get that house together profess your love for that special guy from the roof top,and live your life like there is no tomorrow, I could care less, and I will be happy for you, I will not judge. I understand that most "gay" relationships become lifelong couplings, and are much more likely to last longer than a "straight" relationship. It is just old fire and brimstone stuff. It just all boils down to a belief system, and I am sorry that the union of man/man woman/woman is not recognized, maybe we as a culture should come up with another name for it other than "marriage" and it be recognized and have the same general meaning, because it is indeed something different than a union between a man and a woman. So sorry for the rant, JMO.

Archived