Park 8 (Not Park 8ight, or the warehouse complex at beltway 8 & I-45)

Boris

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Here are two shots of the large model of the site in their sales office. I was told the 50% of the first tower's units had already been sold. Also had a brief discussion with the President of the project.

Park8Model1.jpg

Park8Model2.jpg

One thing that seems to never be mentioned is the fact that University General wants to build a 9-story hospital as a component of the project, but then most times we only see the view of the model from the west.

I was shown a 3D tour of the site on DVD, which they will begin mass producing for interested parties within the upcoming months. After a bit of hunting, I found it here as well.

They also gave me a few of their marketing mags and such, the majority of which are in chinese. Pretty pictures though! A long article portrays the residential component as somewhat of a senior-oriented development in conjunction with the hospital. Kinda caught my attention.

This looks like the eighties.

When one goes overseas, even to cutting-edge countries outside the English-speaking world (my experience has been Italy), designed media production values (like TV stations and so forth) are astonishingly 80s - even when the real-life merchandise and retail spaces are present-day.

We drove down Bellaire. The areas in Chinatown didn't feel like Houston. I guess since I haven't been in that area in so long.

I don't think that Bellaire is considered Westchase. However, I kow what you mean. I've lived at Beltway @ W. Airport (Basically Beltway @ 59S) and it's amazing at how diverse the area has become.

Bellaire is Westchase. Just a small part of it.

None of the Chinese or Vietnamese businesses are in Westchase. The Westchase Development District extended it's southern border to include Halliburton, which only covers one block west of the Beltway, along Bellaire. Here's a link to the Westchase District's website showing the land use. The City of Houston recognizes an even smaller land area as Westchase.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I wonder if they're held up because the probect is located so close to Art Storey Park, which is undergoing serious upgrades/construction as its associated with the Sims/Brays/etc restoration projects?

Drove by Wednesday and there is still no movement with the construction site.

• 1 month later...

The crane has been up at this site for at least 8 months now with no progress. I can see this thing from my building and it hasn't moved a bit. This has got to be one of the worst examples of construction scheduling I've ever seen. I wonder how much it costs to rent a crane like that for 8 months.

Archived