1.5-Acres For Sale At 1726 Augusta Dr.

JJVilla

I was wondering if anybody else can confirm a rumor that a highrise condo will be built on the site of a recently demolished building. It was next to 1800 Augusta Dr, just south of San Felipe, and at about 1750 Augusta Dr 77057. Since I live just a block south I was trying to prepare for possible effects of the construction and the weak rumor that more will follow moving southward (including our complex!?).

Map of location

Any additional insight?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I was wondering if anybody else can confirm a rumor that a highrise condo will be built on the site of a recently demolished building. It was next to 1800 Augusta Dr, just south of San Felipe, and at about 1750 Augusta Dr 77057. Since I live just a block south I was trying to prepare for possible effects of the construction and the weak rumor that more will follow moving southward (including our complex!?).

Map of location

Any additional insight?

The actual address is 1726 and 1724 Augusta Dr. 77057. Only found that the owner is SELA LTD (Houston 77096) and this at Swamplot about demolition: http://swamplot.com/...ver/2009-06-04/

& http://swamplot.com/...-08/#more-12088

Based on my search I only found info about Augusta Pines (in Spring) and down the street on Woodway.

Edited by JJVilla
  • Like 1

Map of location

Any additional insight?

hmm where did you here this rumor?

• Like 1

hmm where did you here this rumor?

I heard this at one of my HOA Board Meetings but was not sure of reliability. Nevertheless, given the significant impact (we live just south of the potential site) I wanted to get more verification.

• Like 1

I heard this at one of my HOA Board Meetings but was not sure of reliability. Nevertheless, given the significant impact (we live just south of the potential site) I wanted to get more verification.

The new owner of the property is typically a developer of self storage / industrial properties. I'd be surprised if they built a residential highrise. I think an upper-end self storage facility (like the Amazing Spaces site on Voss) is most likely.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Well they put up a for sale sign a few months ago so I guess whatever was intitially planned has been canceled.

Perhaps someone can make a sign with a rendering for a cool tower on it and put it on the site? This way it would spur more interest in the site.

Edited by LTAWACS
  • Like 1

• The title was changed to New Highrise Condos On Augusta?
  • 3 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to 1.5-Acres For Sale In Uptown At 1726 Augusta Dr.
  • The title was changed to 1.5-Acres For Sale At 1726 Augusta Dr.