City Of Houston Sustained Reduction In The Use Of Non-Essential Electricity

trymahjong

got this in email---

I wondered if I would notice a difference in the number of lights left on in skyline buildings. . . .

LightsOut Houston
Thursday, April 25 - Sunday, April 28

The "Energy Capital of the World" will continue its sustained commitment to becoming the "Energy Conservation Capital" by turning off the lights the nights of Thursday, April 25 - Sunday, April 28, 2013. LightsOut Houston started in 2008 as a citywide commitment to energy efficiency by commercial building owners and their tenants, and has evolved into a partnership among the City of Houston, Harris County and Houston Independent School District.

The goal of the program has expanded to establish a sustained reduction in the use of non-essential electricity by all buildings throughout the greater Houston area. Participants are asked to sign a pledge now, making your commitment to energy conservation. Visit http://www.lightsouthouston.com/ for more information about the challenge.

To learn more about the City of Houston's sustainability efforts, visit www.codegreenhouston.org/and www.greenhoustontx.gov/ or contact Lisa Lin at lisa.lin@houstontx.gov

To be cranky for a minute, these kind of things sort of bother me.  If the goal is a 'sustained commitment to becoming the "Energy Conservation Capital"', then they should just go ahead and turn off unnecessary lights every night, not just four selected nights.  It's kind of silly to have to say "OK, symbolic action over.  Turn on the lights!"

To be cranky for a minute, these kind of things sort of bother me.  If the goal is a 'sustained commitment to becoming the "Energy Conservation Capital"', then they should just go ahead and turn off unnecessary lights every night, not just four selected nights.  It's kind of silly to have to say "OK, symbolic action over.  Turn on the lights!"

Very well said, Subdude.

• The title was changed to City Of Houston Sustained Reduction In The Use Of Non-Essential Electricity

Archived